Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: When you own a 914...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cracker
...a jack is never far away! biggrin.gif

PS: Its only fitting (being a teener) that a trash can and broom loom in the background. Under-appreciated, humble and hard working - that epitomizes the 9-1-4!

Click to view attachment
Tjmrfe
QUOTE(Cracker @ Mar 26 2017, 05:22 PM) *

PS: Its only fitting (being a teener) that a trash can and broom loom in the background. Un-loved and hard working - the 9-1-4!

Click to view attachment

Great color! And Nice mirrors! I've seen similar on Amazon/eBay, I've been looking to add those to mine......did they fit with original holes? Or is there minor surgery required?
Thanks!
oakdalecurtis

Wow, that looks nice. If it's half as fast as it looks, I would use up all the points on my drivers license in about a week if it were mine!
RickS
What a stunner. Probably gets tickets standing still.
barefoot
I have garage envy as well !! biggrin.gif
Cracker
Well, I do too! It is not mine though...

Back story: I was at Road Atlanta this last weekend (TCollins was there too - nice hanging with you Tommy!) and my car needed "professional attention" - when I came to check on the progress, the pic you see is how I found the car. I had to take a picture. That is a pro-racing shop - their driver was Randy Pobst...

PS: The weekend was a total bust - cut a tire down after the raising the spindles and not having the front end set correctly - long sad story but there are always other weekends. I did not crash; had a wonderful time with friends (and new ones too!); my student made huge strides - all is good! beerchug.gif

Tony

QUOTE(barefoot @ Mar 27 2017, 8:06 AM) *

I have garage envy as well !! biggrin.gif
t collins
QUOTE(Cracker @ Mar 26 2017, 06:22 PM) *

PS: Its only fitting (being a teener) that a trash can and broom loom in the background. Under-appreciated, humble and hard working - that epitomizes the 9-1-4!

Click to view attachment

I got to see this amazing car and meet Tony this past weekend at Road Atlanta Chin Track Days and as nice as this picture is, it still just doesn't do the car justice.
Tony, I bet our gang made a lasting impression lol-2.gif
1stworks
Beautiful car Tony.
mbseto
Sharp as a razor.
Cracker
Thanks fella's...I have to add that the ridiculous "roof scope" we fabbed up is being removed. I am installing a large water-to-oil heat exchanger over the next couple weeks and that ugly thing (and huge aero-drag parachute) will be gone for good!

Tony
tygaboy
Sorry to hear about the technical issues. But I have to say, you should make that pic into a poster. Your car looks great!
NS914
QUOTE(Cracker @ Mar 26 2017, 10:22 PM) *

Click to view attachment

I just clicked on this....oh my god I wished I had considerd a blue like that...holy hell...beautiful!!!
Cracker
Chris - I took your suggestion...I was picking up some building plans today from local print shop and ordered a couple posters on board too. Thanks...your an "expensive" friend - LOL!

For anyone who saw it (and that includes everyone!) - I run two sets of wheels at the track and sometimes the tires get the wheels out of sequence. It is what it is...

Tony

QUOTE(tygaboy @ Mar 27 2017, 10:54 AM) *

Sorry to hear about the technical issues. But I have to say, you should make that pic into a poster. Your car looks great!
Seelenfan
Tony, I would love to see more detailed photos of your car. Is there a build thread or a site where I can visit to see and read more about the car. I am especially interested in the front hood, as I am planing a V8 with AC in Phoenix AZ. I will need all the cooling possible.

Thanks, Gregg S
KELTY360
QUOTE(Cracker @ Mar 26 2017, 05:22 PM) *

Click to view attachment

I don't know...beautiful car looks too low for the jack. shades.gif
My 914
definite calendar material.
mepstein
During octeenerfest, I remember watching all the 914's cruise in to town for lunch and then Tony's car rolled in. aktion035.gif
Cracker
LOL - Surprisingly...the jack does actually fit under the car! Thanks for the "poke"... rolleyes.gif

T

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Mar 27 2017, 09:47 PM) *

I don't know...beautiful car looks too low for the jack. shades.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.