Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Not so evilbay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxstr
I read all of the time abou the bad experiences people have with ebay. I would like to relate a positive experience I recently had.
I found an ebay auction for a 917 sales brochure, "buy it now for $599.00. I had an original and I sold it for twice that amount, on ebay. So I bought the 917 sales brochure. The seller was in Germany, I contacted him after my PAYPAL payment and as told the postagewas $62.00 US. I protested and said, ship in envelope with cardboard as "printed matter" very inexpensvie.
The envelope came while I was away at WCC. My wife said that I had also received an email from th eseller of the 917 sales brochure, that it may not be an original, and that I may want my money back.
Well when I got back from the WCC I looked at the 917 sales brochure, and sure enough it was a copy of an original.
I emailed th eseller and he apologized and sent all of my PAYPAL funds back andsaid" keep the brochure".
It's not all evilbay.
CCLINWCC2006PDX
Root_Werks
You were lucky.

I haven't had any real bad experiences with evilbay other than someone backing out on a buy-it-now they did for a $900 item. Other than that, just the fees suck. biggrin.gif
tat2dphreak
I have never had a bad experience with ebay, other than buying from partwerks or AA...

but I only use paypal for ebay... and paypal does make the difference, they will refund your money, even if the seller doesn't...
URY914
boxstr,

I have a 917-30 press kit put out by SUNOCO, full color. I've had it for 30+ years. My Dad got it stright from SUNOCO. And I have some other press release type news releases also by SUNOCO.
Ever seen one? Know what its' worth?

PM me if you want.

Paul
sjhowitson
I must be lucky. I have sold cars and purschased cars on Ebay. All went off with out a hitch. Only bad thing was the guy that bought my old 911 locked the only set of keys in it at the airport while I was showing him the car. OOOPPPPS.

EBAY GOOD.....AA BAAAADDDD mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.