Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DELETE: Found one - Passenger Side SSI 2.0L HE
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
euro911
Purchased what appears to be a NOS one at Mike Shantz's auction on 10/21/17 mueba.gif

I have a good driver's side stainless HE, so now I'm looking for a good passenger side HE to finish up the exhaust system.

Lemme know whatcha gots ...

popcorn[1].gif
ndfrigi
yup here is Mark's driver side HE. bump for anyone have the passenger side.

Click to view attachment
euro911
Anybody? ... Bueller?
euro911
BUMP ... still need one. Anybody? confused24.gif
euro911
icon_bump.gif

Still looking for one ...
euro911
One week later ...

confused24.gif
euro911
BUMP ... still looking popcorn[1].gif
North Coast Jim
QUOTE(euro911 @ Mar 27 2017, 02:03 PM) *

I have a good driver's side stainless HE, so now I'm looking for a good passenger side HE to finish up the exhaust system.

Lemme know whatcha gots ...

popcorn[1].gif

I see that it's not looking so good for us with the desire for a passenger side SS Exhaust. Was going to post this morning my need for one and found yours. Let's see if there are 2 of them out there. I can't seem to get the exhaust leak stopped no matter how hard I try. New engine rebuilt with Hoffman Eng heads. New studs too. Persistent exhaust leak. This problem was fixed on the drivers side as I was able to score a never mounted SS Exhaust. Works great. Now I need the Passenger side. Don't want the offshore junk.
euro911
popcorn[1].gif
North Coast Jim
Got tired of waiting for a response myself. Bought the new one from AA made by Dansk in the Far East. It's been on the car a week now and all is well.
The exhaust is lighter than the original and in checking out why they indeed are using a thinner gauge metal. Forgot the measurement difference between old and new SS exhaust pipes.

Works as advertised and better than the old one. It cracked below the mounting ear. Didn't want the hassle of getting it welded and than trying to get the face to seal up to the exhaust port. You know it's going to move with the heat of the weld operation. I don't have the patience nor the time to work that issue. Anyway by 68 old year old body doesn't take kindly to the work.

My 2 cents .......................
euro911
I have some time to kill before I actually need it, Jim, but thanks for the info. If need be, I'll just install the 1.7L SSIs we have here and change out later.
euro911
Mid-August BUMP
euro911
Mid-October BUMP confused24.gif
second wind
QUOTE(euro911 @ Oct 17 2017, 11:05 PM) *

Mid-October BUMP confused24.gif

I have one hanging in my garage.....let me see what it is exactly.....will pm you in an hour or so....
gg

euro911
Hey, thanks
bdstone914
QUOTE(euro911 @ Oct 18 2017, 12:53 PM) *

Hey, thanks

Mike Shantz has one in his collection of parts to be auctioned Saturday. I saw it, have a picture and it is clean.
euro911
Sent him a PM months ago, he never responded confused24.gif
second wind
QUOTE(euro911 @ Oct 18 2017, 12:53 PM) *

Hey, thanks

email sent......pipe is in good condition and can be cleaned up nice. Engine side dents hard to see if at all when mounted......bottom side not bad at all. No cracks anywhere.
Please let me know.....thank you.
gg
euro911
Hey Gregg - got the pix. Yours is the same as what I currently have (2.0L driver's side) ... I need the passenger side, which seem to be harder to find for some reason unsure.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.