Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clutch Tube Repair
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Looking at my "4" yesterday while at the shop a previous repair was done to the tube and firewall area.. Isn't the tube supposed to protrude out of the back of the firewall like the throttle cable does ? So is my case the clutch cable is loose on to the firewall..
My question is how much tube should be extending out of the firewall ? On the clutch adjustment there are about 1.5"+ of spacer washers there..To repair it can a smaller diameter tube inserted in the existing tube a welded on,as only the cable goes thru that area? I still have to Ck the tube connection points it the tunnel..
Thanks for all the help..
Alan/ 914Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=
598493]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
IronHillRestorations
For starters, clean off all the oogie on the firewall first, then move the metal back as close as possible to the original location.

Ideally you cut open an access panel in the center tunnel to repair the strap on the tube.

Next fabricate a plate to reinforce the firewall and give you something to re-weld the tube to.

At one time there was someone selling repair pieces on eBay, but I haven't seen those in a while.

After that you may look at rebuilding the pedal cluster. From my experience fixing the tube will put stress on the clutch pedal roll pin, and if it's not in good shape it will shear

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.