Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who to go to for wheel re-finishing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bmcwilli
I'm sure this has been discussed, but the only resource I find is wheel enhancement. I knoe Enhancement has a great reputation, just wondering if anyone has any other suggestions, especially on the E Coast.

The Pedrini's leak down and need the insides smoothed out. Both sets heed a good polishing.

I know there was a polish 'em yourself thread recently...can someopne point me to it

thanks
URY914
There is a member here ('70 Fasty) is name is Alex and is in Tampa.
He does a great job.

PM him and tell 'em I sent you.

Paul
smg914
MAGRO Wheels
Specializing in Porsche wheels

Alex Magro
Tampa, FL
813-431-7542
jamagro@juno.com
Gint
It must be once a month we do this I think. Use the search feature.

Search link for fuch AND polish AND wheel
xitspd
I have had Al Reed in Anaheim, California do many sets for me. Price is good and quality is excellent. He is currently doing a set for my 75 Carrera. (Gold center Fuchs)
Gint
Al Reed did mine as well. And I may bring him another set soon. agree.gif
ChrisFix
I'll be getting my Fuchs back from Al Reed in a couple of weeks, so you could come by and see his work first hand. He has a lot of local Triangle customers. Not on the east coast, but very good reputation and a really nice guy to work with. I don't think it cost much more than $30 extra (for 5 wheels) to ship to Cali than to somewhere on the east coast. Shipping ground UPS was just over $1/lb. The Fuchs were 13.5 lbs each IIRC, and about 15 lbs. each with the packaging.
p914
Look in the yellow pages for a place that polishes Truck wheels. (18 wheelers) Call em and ask what they charge for doing car rims. There are most likely some that are local and you can go and see some of their work. If your wheels are in really bad shape, get em media blasted with plastic beads. You may even like the flat finish of media blasting and leave em like that. I saw some Ferrari wheels that were only media blasted and they looked really good. I happend to want the full shine deal.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.