Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Am ready for the next step
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Always Looking
Alright, I've decided (I think) to do the suspension. I want to keep the cost low, but am ready to sink $500 or so into the suspension. I was thinking those bilsteins front and rear from EBAY (free shipping/no tax) $439 buy it now

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...sspagename=WDVW

Is it a simple matter of bolting these in? What else do Ineed? The rear springs have HD 914 in white print over a black coil. I will check the spring rate once removed and get the 140 lbs springs if necessary.

I should probably do bushings front and rear and tie rod ends, but was wondering if i could do these steps later. Also, if someone has any cost saving options, please let me know. ( example - Can I go cheaper on the rear shocks?)

Mueller
I recommend getting the same brand and type shocks front and rear..they are known to work good together.

Measure your springs before buying new ones, you might already have 140 pound springs...also, if those springs are not 140# springs, it'll make it easier to sell them if you know the exact ratings instead of guessing.

How do you measure the springs?...well, it's not difficult at all if you have a set of free weights, simply stack weights on top of the spring until it compresses 1" (hopefully you have linear springs and not progressive)

Yes, all the other upgrades can be done later on.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.