Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Euromeister Fuchs replicas in RSR finish
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Optimusglen
Because I know not everyone reads my build thread and if someone searches in the future it will be easier for them to find this.

Picked up a set of 16x7 Euromeister Fuchs replicas.

IPB Image

They look pretty good right out of the box, but I wanted an RSR finish, or something close.

A real RSR finish is anodized with black paint and a polished lip (as far as I understand...) I didn't want to go that crazy. I masked the machined/polished outer lip and shot the whole front face in Rustoleum dull aluminum. Then masked the pedals and inner lip and shot the flat black. I did it this way because it's easier to mask.

I used electrical tape to mask the paint edges, and blue tape for the larger open areas.

Results:
IPB Image
tygaboy
That looks really nice. I went with Euromeisters, too. 7s and 9s for my LS build and was thinking about this same thing. Thanks for going first!
As Edd on Wheeler Dealers would say: Result! aktion035.gif
Mark Henry
How much and what did shipping run you?

Are you going to put this on a narrow body?
Please post pics of the final fit.
Beach914
Nice! On sale on the Automotion site. I like the finish and look you achieved.
Mueller
That really transformed the look of those wheels. 100% improvement.
cgnj
$169@ automotion
$186 free ship ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Euromeister-Alloy-...bAv&vxp=mtr

Fighting the urge to massage my fenders
Optimusglen
QUOTE(cgnj @ Mar 29 2017, 09:43 AM) *

If you follow that eBay seller, they often go on sale for 168 or even 140 shipped!

These will be going on a narrow body, will post pics once installed.
Justinp71

Nice! Thanks for sharing, they look great!
JRust
They do look nice. I am not an RSR finish fan though. Doesn't get any better than black centers with polished lips for me. I just love that look on any 914
drem914
QUOTE(Optimusglen @ Mar 29 2017, 07:46 AM) *

QUOTE(cgnj @ Mar 29 2017, 09:43 AM) *

If you follow that eBay seller, they often go on sale for 168 or even 140 shipped!

These will be going on a narrow body, will post pics once installed.

Add'l. 15% off for orders placed before 3pm pacific today on their web site. Use offer code COFE. That winds up ~$620, for 4 including shipping.
Optimusglen
QUOTE(drem914 @ Mar 29 2017, 12:41 PM) *

Add'l. 15% off for orders placed before 3pm pacific today on their web site. Use offer code COFE. That winds up ~$620, for 4 including shipping.

Or if you keep a watch on ebay you can get a full set for $560 shipped.
matthepcat
I wonder why Euromeister doesn't make them in RSR and other finishes. Seems like a no brainier.
jmill
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Mar 29 2017, 02:53 PM) *

I wonder why Euromeister doesn't make them in RSR and other finishes. Seems like a no brainier.

agree.gif I would have bought them. Instead I bought the black 7's and 9's. You can't beat their price.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Mar 29 2017, 01:53 PM) *

agree.gif I would like the RSR look. I bought 7x16 and 8x16 for the flared car.
RickS
Beautiful wheel refinishing. Keep it up and you'll have a business.
r_towle
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Mar 29 2017, 05:42 PM) *

QUOTE(matthepcat @ Mar 29 2017, 01:53 PM) *

agree.gif I would like the RSR look. I bought 7x16 and 8x16 for the flared car.

Do 8 and 9 fit on a flared car?
db9146
Hey, those look nice! Great job.
Optimusglen
Messy garage, and car isn't on the floor, but these will give you an idea. I'll update again with pics once I drop the car onto the ground.

195/55-R16 all around

IPB Image

rear:
IPB Image

front:
IPB Image

Still have to raise the front a little, too much rake here. But everything fits well all around. In the rear I had previously rolled the inner lip to fit 205's so these fit without a problem.
Mueller
What size tires?
burton73
The wheels look great! You did a super job on them.

I know that a lot of guys have posted here that there wheel / tires worked on 16 x 7 Fuchs. It may scrape in the rear when you are in high-speed turns or when you are going over a dip. The fronts may scrape when going into a turn going up a driveway.

My V8 car had 7 x 16 with small tires/ Low Profile 215/40 ZR 16 and I do not see any indication that there was scraping but the wheel wells have been made flat and pulled a little in the rear. No sign on car or tires of scraping but the 40 is just a rubber band tire.
Just sharing.

Bob
Click to view attachment
Optimusglen
QUOTE(Mueller @ Mar 30 2017, 02:35 PM) *

What size tires?

Updated my post, should have added it before.

195/55-R16
Optimusglen
More pics showing tire size/fitment of the 195/55-R16

16x7 et 23.3

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
cgnj
My last question. Is there a center cap problem?

Thanks for the free, reliable info.

Carlos
Optimusglen
QUOTE(cgnj @ Apr 1 2017, 10:57 PM) *

My last question. Is there a center cap problem?

Thanks for the free, reliable info.

Carlos

In the sales info it is said that the factory center caps fit perfectly. I don't have any yet so I can't try them out.
jmitro
so did you simply paint over the new wheels' existing finish? How did you prep the wheels?

I hate to be a downer, but off the shelf rustoleum is pretty cheap as far as paint quality; I'd be surprised if the finish lasts for more than a couple years.
somd914
QUOTE(jmitro @ Apr 2 2017, 10:23 AM) *

so did you simply paint over the new wheels' existing finish? How did you prep the wheels?

I hate to be a downer, but off the shelf rustoleum is pretty cheap as far as paint quality; I'd be surprised if the finish lasts for more than a couple years.

Guess it depends on the conditions. I'm at 6 years with painting my Fuchs with Rustoleum, only one chip on a wheel lip from being careless with a lug wrench.

Car is garaged, drive it about 3,500 miles/yr, occasional rain...

Larmo63
Your car is coming along nicely, Glen. beerchug.gif
Optimusglen
Thanks!

I left the stock finish under. Cleaned the surfaces and went to town. Honestly wasn't planning for these to last, I'd like to bead blast them and do a more accurate RSR at some point.
funk
I have been wondering when someone is going to do a downloadable RSR fuch stencil I think that's a great idea for all us diy types? Come on someone is tech savvy. I would pay a 5$ for it lord how many 911s out there?
Kansas 914
QUOTE(funk @ Apr 2 2017, 12:04 PM) *

I have been wondering when someone is going to do a downloadable RSR fuch stencil I think that's a great idea for all us diy types? Come on someone is tech savvy. I would pay a 5$ for it lord how many 911s out there?

popcorn[1].gif
TravisNeff
Nice job on the wheels and the tire size looks great. I had to do some horrifying pushing on my rear fenders to fit 205's on 7's
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.