Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I've gone to the dark side
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PeeGreen 914
So after the Phoenix resurfaced my wife felt it was time for us to have another P car. So with her blessing, we welcomed this to our home yesterday. piratenanner.gif
r_towle
Very cool, welcome to the club!
PanelBilly
Damn that's nice. Tell us the details
PeeGreen 914
1978 SC TARGA 3.0L With a full cage, race seats, and set up for autocross and DE days piratenanner.gif cheer.gif
Mr. Olympic Blue 2 You
wub.gif The Dennie mobile- great PNW history there!

I'm surprised and saddened he got rid of it but I know you will appreciate it for what it is Jon.

The 914 guys should like it too- it's the only Conda green car I have seen floating around these parts (the color of the Meaney 914-6 GT & original Jagermeister car).

Good score- see ya at the track soon!
Andrew Bacon

jkb944t
Sweet looking car! That should be big fun to drive driving.gif

Jeff B
SirAndy
May i suggest renaming your forum account to:

PeeGreen 914-3

biggrin.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 30 2017, 09:52 AM) *

May i suggest renaming your forum account to:

PeeGreen 914-3

biggrin.gif

lol-2.gif unsure.gif
KELTY360
Hmmmm.... idea.gif ....I wonder if it could be nominated for COM? poke.gif

Nice car Jon, glad to see you back in the game. grouphug.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Mar 30 2017, 10:15 AM) *

Maybe if we renamed it to DCOM (Donor Car Of the Month).

There are a lot of nice parts on that thing.
biggrin.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 30 2017, 10:25 AM) *

biggrin.gif

dry.gif It would still come in second.
KELTY360
lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif
IronHillRestorations
Gig you as they may, I understand. If it shakes out, this one should be in my stable by the end of next month. I'm not all in on the red, dark blue, silver or black would've been preferred, but it's in the price range.
burton73
Conda Green is my favorite color. I had a 70 911s in that color. Is it the original color?
Porsches from the 70s and 80s are like colors of M&Ms Just pour out the different colors.
I have had P cars in Green, Orange, Yellow, Brown, Red plus Metallic Blue as that is my favorite.

Make sure you Targa Top is in good shape. I small tear where it folds up can make a drip in the car seats if not fixed. You will work out the removal of the top and then putting it on your foot and not the ground when you fold it to put it in the trunk. This will keep it from getting road rash on it. Be carful you do not pinch you fingers when you open the top up from being folding. I did it. I have had a 79 Targa a 81 Targa. Great cars. You are not unwanted here.

Bob
Click to view attachment
GeorgeRud
Many have another Targa topped Porsche as well, even if the engine is in the wrong location!Click to view attachment
JRust
Congrats Jon! To bad it isn't a 914 but once your wreck it poke.gif . It's the perfect donor aktion035.gif . Seriously though nice ride bud. Good to have you back in the fold
Rand
Be carful you do not pinch you fingers when you open the top up from being folding.

Can you explain this to me? I don't understand how a targa can "being folding." Not trying to be a smart ass, I'm just misunderstanding the folding? Or how convertible entered the picture. confused24.gif

BTW, Jon knows how to handle targa tops. wink.gif
6freak
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Mar 30 2017, 10:38 AM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 30 2017, 10:25 AM) *

biggrin.gif

dry.gif It would still come in second.

YEP HAS BEFORE LOL biggrin.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Rand @ Mar 30 2017, 01:31 PM) *

Be carful you do not pinch you fingers when you open the top up from being folding.

Can you explain this to me? I don't understand how a targa can "being folding." Not trying to be a smart ass, I'm just misunderstanding the folding? Or how convertible entered the picture. confused24.gif

911 Targa tops actually fold.
dcheek
Jon,

Your new ride looks great. Good luck with it, and keep the shiny side up! Your "Phoenix" is in good hands, even if they're not yours. My buddy is going to do it justice and get it back on the road, with the intention of doing a complete respray later on. I told him to give you first right of refusal if he's going to sell.

Dave
sixnotfour
i did the engine 2002
Rand
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Mar 30 2017, 01:39 PM) *

Thank you. Learn something new every day. I was partially thrown by the pic of what I thought was a convertible.
sixnotfour
QUOTE(Rand @ Mar 30 2017, 02:30 PM) *

QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Mar 30 2017, 01:39 PM) *

Thank you. Learn something new every day. I was partially thrown by the pic of what I thought was a convertible.

There is a Factory one piece 914 like top,, I had one on my 72 Targa
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(dcheek @ Mar 30 2017, 02:59 PM) *

Jon,

Your new ride looks great. Good luck with it, and keep the shiny side up! Your "Phoenix" is in good hands, even if they're not yours. My buddy is going to do it justice and get it back on the road, with the intention of doing a complete respray later on. I told him to give you first right of refusal if he's going to sell.

Dave

That really means a lot. I would love to own her again some day. beerchug.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 30 2017, 03:28 PM) *

i did the engine 2002

Go figure, no wonder it has been such a great engine. aktion035.gif
sixnotfour
Mark is great guy, loved autcrossing that Targa you bought a well cared for 911
EdwardBlume
Of that vintage, I would do a targa as well. Nice ride!
914-300Hemi
Welcome to the club. nice looking targa.
RickS
My first Porsche was a very ratty 72T targa. i had the car for two years until I was laid off and couldn't afford owning it. But the experience of top off driving, especially on warm summer nights always stuck with me. When a 914 came along at the right price I knew I could recapture the magic.

You are just doing the same thing but a bit backwards wink.gif one thing about 911s, besides being very demanding when driven into a corner fast, is that they are so damn comfortable on long hauls. Now I have an SC coupe, but on sunny days, the 914 is the go to car. Or as my wife calls the teener, 'The fun car'.

Congrats on your purchase, you won't regret it....unless you lift!

speed metal army
I love it! smile.gif
I want one..
ejm
QUOTE(Perry Kiehl @ Mar 30 2017, 02:17 PM) *
If it shakes out, this one should be in my stable by the end of next month. I'm not all in on the red, dark blue, silver or black would've been preferred, but it's in the price range.

Yup... I was looking for a 911SC in white, black, silver or petrol blue with no tail... came home with this...
Click to view attachment
whitetwinturbo
froggy.gif froggy.gif froggy.gif

...........mean and green
TravisNeff
Love the green!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.