Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: modded 914 value
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stanthedog
Does adding gt flares, or subi conversion, or other mods raise or lower value on a regular 4cyl 914 (not LE's)? Wondering because I'd like to do flares but wifey thinks it will destroy resale value.
Optimusglen
QUOTE(stanthedog @ Mar 30 2017, 04:21 PM) *

Does adding gt flares, or subi conversion, or other mods raise or lower value on a regular 4cyl 914 (not LE's)?

From what I've seen so far, if the modifications are quality (i.e. metal flares, top notch bodywork, quality parts, etc) a standard 914 that wasn't pristine to begin with will have it's value increased. If it's a super example, all stock with no rust (hah) there might be a dip. Or if the work done on it is shoddy.

For a swapped car, value is subjective. If you find the right buyer it's worth a lot, but the number of people in the market for a swapped 914 are fewer than those looking for a good factory model, or even one with slight modifications.
Larmo63
Do what you want to do with your car.

You only live once.
mepstein
Don't buy cars for resale value and you will never be disappointed.
Mueller
Steel flares increase.

Fiberglass flares decrease.

My opinion of course, but I think many will agree.

GeorgeRud
Probably will not get your investment in the flares and attendant bodywork back (unless you can do it yourself), but the flared cars with 5lug conversions are priceless in the way they make you feel!
markmesser
[qt the flared cars with 5lug conversions are priceless in the way they make you feel!
[/quote]
I understand why the flares w/ the fatter tires will make the car corner better and make you feel better, but why 5lug?
Elliot Cannon
[quote name='markmesser' date='Mar 30 2017, 03:44 PM' post='2470167']
[qt the flared cars with 5lug conversions are priceless in the way they make you feel!
[/quote]
I understand why the flares w/ the fatter tires will make the car corner better and make you feel better, but why 5lug?
[/quote]
A five lug conversion offers a better choice of wheels.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Mar 30 2017, 03:22 PM) *

Probably will not get your investment in the flares and attendant bodywork back (unless you can do it yourself), but the flared cars with 5lug conversions are priceless in the way they make you feel!

My car is worth WAY more than what people would want to pay for it, so I guess I'll just have to keep it. laugh.gif
76-914
That makes two of us!
Rand
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Mar 30 2017, 03:13 PM) *

QUOTE(markmesser @ Mar 30 2017, 03:44 PM) *

A five lug conversion offers a better choice of wheels.

agree.gif And larger brakes. And typically some suspension upgrades (the swap often includes other 911 bits including larger torsion bars, etc).
Justinp71
[/quote]
[/quote]

Because that's what the 914-6's had so it must be better smile.gif
Mueller
[/quote]
[/quote]

Go try and find a few different styles of wider 4 lug wheels* and get back to us on that question smile.gif Especially a staggered set of 7's and 8's or 8's and 9's

*not POS and heavy steel wheels designed for a dune buggy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.