Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Electrical Issue
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gfg3
Here’s a bizarre wiring issue for all the electrical experts out there. I was tracking down a wiring issue with the temp gauge on my ’75 1.8 (which I solved) when I accidentally hit the turn signal lever. No key was in the ignition. With the lever up or down the front and rear turn signal and side marker lights go on, not blinking but solid, along with gauge lights. Pull the headlight switch out and exactly the same thing. Again, no key in the ignition.

This can’t be right. Can it? Sounds to me like somewhere an “always on” power is hooked into all this rather than a switched power.

Is there anyone out there who can help with any ideas?? I'm really stumped.

Thanks.

George
JimN73
German engineering. I was told that it was done so that, on a dark night, other drivers could see the car and not hit it.
gfg3
QUOTE(JimN73 @ Mar 30 2017, 04:28 PM) *

German engineering. I was told that it was done so that, on a dark night, other drivers could see the car and not hit it.

Wow! Really! Gotta hand it to those wily Germans. If that's the way things are supposed to be, my electrical issues are solved. Job done. Thanks.
whitetwinturbo
.............early german design which drove some folks crazy when they discharged their battery after not noticing they hit the turn signal on the way out of the car during the day. headbang.gif
falcor75
QUOTE(whitetwinturbo @ Apr 3 2017, 06:56 AM) *

.............early german design which drove some folks crazy when they discharged their battery after not noticing they hit the turn signal on the way out of the car during the day. headbang.gif

Well then you are too unprecise for a German car, please exit the vehicle in a more orderly fashion in the future. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.