Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: my 3rd 914, new member intro
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
markmesser
I was not looking for a 914, I lost my Miata in a move from San Jose to the southern Oregon coast. I had $3k and was looking for a Honda Civic beater to stop putting so many miles on my GMC pickup. Low and behold was a 914 project car for sale just 100 miles up the coast. The builder moved to Yahats and had several strokes, the title was stil from socal. The car has minor rust just at the inside edge of the floor pan. No rust in hellhole, trunks, ect. This car was in the process of a restoration, the wheel wells front trunk, and several other small places haave new black imron paint (looks flat black, found two cans of black paint mostly empty) The rest of the car is all primer except the door and trunk jams are painted in cyber green.
The project has two 2.0 motors, the original motor has been reworked w/ new paint on sheet metal and transmission, weber carbs half assembled. So the motor/transaxel are about to go back in. Also two exchanger/exhaust systems, one painted for assembly.
The body of the car looks straight, w/ the factory metal flares. The fat Nitro tires, and the ss cragar wheels (four lug). The rear air dam is molded in, several front and rear bumpers, dams, rubber, ect. The second motor I believe was aparts motor with heads not installed. I box w/ complete fuel injection.
Two new high end race seats as well as original (green) cusion seats (no rips), two gauge sets, a new carpet set, new dash top (looks new) . Five boxes of small new parts, like leather shift knob, new dis. cap. ect.
This is my third 914, the first was blue 73 1.7, the second was an orange 73 2.0 w/ webers, I did install a new clutch in my first 914 / bore kit. I have worked as a boat repair both mechanical hull paint/ gelcoat. I believe I have the skills to complete this project, the time is the main issue. Wish me luck!
Shadowfax
welcome.png
Good to see another one being saved!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.