Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 901 (914) transmission tools for rent
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mlindner
For rent are the six tools needed for disassembly/reassembly of your 914/901 transmission. Tools are provided in a wooden shipping box/and for return. Tool rental is $100.00 shipped CUS, renter pays return shipping (est. $35.00) after a 30 day time period. Tools will be available end of April if interested. Best, MarkClick to view attachment
mlindner
Tools will be available end of April if needed. Past renters, if tools are needed again, just pay shipping (no tool charge). Best, Mark
mlindner
Tools will be available in July if needed. Best, Mark
mlindner
Tools available again.......if ever needed a second time, rental is free only need to pay shipping. Best, Mark
mlindner
Bump for spring rebuild.
Dr Evil
My $0.02, I easily made a combo tool (never had time to make multiple, still owe BD Stone one) that fits into the medium flat rate long box to cut down on shipping. Has there been much interest in renting these? Why rent a 30mm deep socket when they are easily accessible, same with 32mm boxed wrench (can use large adjustable if you want to be ghetto and dirty, I did for like 8 yrs smile.gif ). Those two tools add cost and weight.

If there is interest in this, I may have to step into the game, but tool rental from me would be like from Autozone and the like; you pay for the tools and if you return them you get the deposit back.
mlindner
Hi Mike, the charging for rental and then depositing back is just to much hassle to me. I'm charging once including one way shipping, and at any future date they are needed again they're free (just shipping). The package is complete, a lot of us don't have 30mm deep sockets of 32mm box. I've worked on cars over 50 yrs and they were new to me. So, it is complete and yes a little heavy. Last year I rented them out six times. Not a lot but it helped six of our 914 comrades. I wish I could have made it to your clinic last week, little to far to travel. Best, Mark
Dr Evil
QUOTE(mlindner @ Jan 5 2018, 02:22 PM) *

Hi Mike, the charging for rental and then depositing back is just to much hassle to me. I'm charging once including one way shipping, and at any future date they are needed again they're free (just shipping). The package is complete, a lot of us don't have 30mm deep sockets of 32mm box. I've worked on cars over 50 yrs and they were new to me. So, it is complete and yes a little heavy. Last year I rented them out six times. Not a lot but it helped six of our 914 comrades. I wish I could have made it to your clinic last week, little to far to travel. Best, Mark

Right on. Im closer to you where I live in OH if you wanna swing by some time wink.gif beerchug.gif
gothspeed
for weight purposes ... can any of these tools be made of aluminum and or delrin?
Dr Evil
QUOTE(gothspeed @ Jan 5 2018, 03:36 PM) *

for weight purposes ... can any of these tools be made of aluminum and or delrin?

Often, the jig is delrin. Some have made it of AL. Others, not really, and they are heavy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.