Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: After market tailight lens fitment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dheinz
I bought a pair of taillight lenses from an advertising vendor here on the forum. They look nice but they do not fit flush on the quarter panel sides.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

It seems the bend angle of the lens is not correct.

Has anyone else had this problem
Tom_T
I don't know who made or sold them - but regardless,

I suggest you send those pix to the seller & ask them if they're all that way, then ask either for an exchange for a proper fitting pair, or a refund - cuz that looks like crap & will leak into the trunk! dry.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
mepstein
That's why guys, me included, still pay big bucks for hella lenses.
PanelBilly
Does the name of the business start with an a?
SirAndy
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Mar 31 2017, 01:08 PM) *

Does the name of the business start with an a?

poke.gif
AZ914
swap them left to right? right to left?
porschetub
Didn't someone on here have to heat and bend them slightly??,think they were the AA group buy ones......
Anyone talked to them about the poor fitment I wonder.
dheinz
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Mar 31 2017, 01:29 PM) *

swap them left to right? right to left?

Impossible to install left to right or right to left.

No, the name of the vendor did not begin with"A".

I phoned the vendor and explained my situation. He said to email him photos and he would forward them to the returns department for evaluation. He also said they were extremely busy and nothing could be done until Monday.

Is there more than one manufacturer of these lenses?

Thanks for the responses.
Cairo94507
That's not exactly the reply I would be expecting.... slap.gif

if you put them on a CC, I personally would dispute the charge for faulty merchandise and give the retailer some incentive to correct the problem. But, that's just me.
type2man
I have the AA ones and they have the same fitment issue....
Mikey914
As far as I know AA is the only repro vendor for these. We have started working on these using the silicone molds, but these have to be poured individually so gluing is problematic.
Interestingly enough, I didn't see the logo on it.
cgnj
I found myself getting preachy. George has had one home run in 38+ years n business. Repop steel fender flares. And he almost screwed the pooch on that. He advertised them for years. bet he never actually had them to sell till the group buy. Anyway, George didn't "sell" these, but I'm pretty sure he supplied them. I'm thinking it going to take him another 38 years for a home run.

Carlos
falcor75
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 2 2017, 08:22 AM) *

As far as I know AA is the only repro vendor for these. We have started working on these using the silicone molds, but these have to be poured individually so gluing is problematic.
Interestingly enough, I didn't see the logo on it.

I'm probably not the only one that would be all over a group buy for a set of correct euro taillights.... Build it and they will come. smile.gif
Porschef
Yeah, I bought a pair. They're not terrible, but I did end up baking mine in the oven to allow a little extra bending. Worked ok...but I wasn't thrilled. dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.