Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tired of "tire advice" for teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
porbmw
So....
Tires on the old/early 930 are tired/ancient/hard blocks of rubber

Car is NOT shown at concours, and although driven a bit aggressively, likely will not see track (hasn't yet, and no time to pursue those pleasures)

Car lives on Wet Coast...BUT...only sees rain when a cloudburst appears...
So...dry driving is predominant use.

17 9 x 10 inch RUFs

Thanks for input,have been out of market for a very long time.

Paul
Elliot Cannon
You could maybe try a "tail dragger" site?
Mueller
One would think the same advice applies, tires don't care where the motor is smile.gif

Chris914n6
tirerack.com

Use the shopping guide but type in the tire sizes you have, it will find matching sets. Then read the reviews.

The tires one of us might like might not come in both the sizes you need so it's kinda pointless.
raynekat
Look for some Nitto's. Get on their website, find your tire, then get your local tire shop to get them.
Front yard mechanic
Onlinetires.comClick to view attachment
Mueller
I'd opt for Yokohama Advans, something with a 200ish wear if not a lot of daily driving.

cgnj
Here you go .Yellow is faster911 performance wheels and tires

Carlos
Andyrew
I hear really good things about Michellin pilot super sports.

I run Federal 595RS-RR which are a sticky "street tire" 200tw autox compound that runs really cheap. And runs typically very wide.
speed metal army
QUOTE(porbmw @ Mar 31 2017, 03:09 PM) *

So....
Tires on the old/early 930 are tired/ancient/hard blocks of rubber

Car is NOT shown at concours, and although driven a bit aggressively, likely will not see track (hasn't yet, and no time to pursue those pleasures)

Car lives on Wet Coast...BUT...only sees rain when a cloudburst appears...
So...dry driving is predominant use.

17 9 x 10 inch RUFs

Thanks for input,have been out of market for a very long time.

Paul

Paul, I run Potenza RE070 on my Carrera with 17" Rufs. You can run them in a "Spirited " fashion and then some! biggrin.gif Very sticky smile.gif
Didn't kill me last time I got caught in the rain either. I can test them out for you if you put them on your Turbo. laugh.gif
Cheers beerchug.gif
SMA
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.