Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chrome tape
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
Need to know where I can purchase decorative chrome tape. Received a part that has a long narrow band of chrome tape that is coming off. Thought it would be better to just put a new band on.

Need to where this suff is sold ??? Any help will be appreciated
jet1
Try JC Whitney. I think I have seen somthing like chrome tape in one of their catalogues. the web site is www.jcw.com
jim_hoyland
Anyone used the product? The piece is going to cover a curved trim piece.
GWN7
Nope, I ordered some for a future project. It's sitting at my PO box. I could let you know how & what it looks like tomorrow.
jim_hoyland
That would be cool; I'll take a picture of my faux-chrome trim and post. It's pretty real looking; I wouldn't have known what it was unless it was peeling off.
jim_hoyland
Pic shows that its peeling off the trim. Does the stuff you have a strong sticky back ? This trim piece is at the trailing edge of to top.
GWN7
Jim,

I don't know what it's like. It's at my P.O. Box which is 4 + hrs away from me. When I go there I can cut off a strip and put it in a envelope so you can test it to see if it will work (this dosen't mean that what you need is the same material I'm getting), but at least you can ask them if you call them and have a sample of some of their product to compare.

PM me your mailing address and I'll send a chunk.
SGB
the JC Whjitney stuff dunt stick too good.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.