Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rebuilt motor and gearbox
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
tp_reading
IPB Image

Almost ready, just in time for the start of the season !
Millerwelds
Racecar! This is what I say to my wife every night when I walk in from the drive home. Mine is by no means as racecar as yours but I get the same feeling every day. Enjoy and have a great season. beerchug.gif
tp_reading
QUOTE(Millerwelds @ Apr 1 2017, 08:13 PM) *

Racecar! This is what I say to my wife every night when I walk in from the drive home. Mine is by no means as racecar as yours but I get the same feeling every day. Enjoy and have a great season. beerchug.gif

I don't mention the bills to my wife though !
campbellcj
Looking good! Is it a stock 2.0L or ?
tp_reading
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Apr 2 2017, 02:02 AM) *

Looking good! Is it a stock 2.0L or ?

It's a 911 2.4s, the motor was rebuilt by Black Forest Racing a while back but not to my liking, so I had it done again by Redtek here in the U.K. They are the maestros this side of the pond !Click to view attachment
campbellcj
Fun!

I ran a 2.2S-spec (carbed) engine for over 5 years and have often thought the ideal powerplant might be a balls-out twin-plugged high-compression 2.5 short-stroke + MFI. The high-revving mag case engines are such a joy in the 914 platform, especially one with more torque than a base 2.0, and optimized gearing smile.gif
tp_reading
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Apr 2 2017, 05:40 PM) *

Fun!

I ran a 2.2S-spec (carbed) engine for over 5 years and have often thought the ideal powerplant might be a balls-out twin-plugged high-compression 2.5 short-stroke + MFI. The high-revving mag case engines are such a joy in the 914 platform, especially one with more torque than a base 2.0, and optimized gearing smile.gif

I agree, it's just that the motors seem to cost more and more to build. Especially when you consider what that money would buy you in a Boxster . Plenty of guys are opting for 2.5 Boxsters over here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.