Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Djet FI Harness questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
clapeza
Getting closer to getting the FI back in my '70 1.7, but I have a couple questions about the FI wiring harness. Using Jeff Bowlsby's diagrams, I have ID'd what everything connects to, but I can't tell which injector connector goes to which cylinder's injector. The diagram labels one on each side as "blue", but I'm having a little trouble telling the difference. Any other way to tell, like relative length from main harness?

Also, what is the proper routing of the wiring harness? Does it go across the front of the engine, straight across the middle, or towards the back? I'm sure much will reveal itself as I put it in the car, but a little guidance is appreciated.

I've also combined about 4 of Jeff's excellent diagrams into one master "Relay Board" diagram. With his permission, I'll post it.

Thanks!

Chester
BeatNavy
Start by laying out the harness with what you know goes where. Obviously you know which one is the ECU connector. Start there, then go toward the back hooking up the MPS connections, the CHT connection, and the injectors on the passenger side. Go on the back side of the engine, hooking up the multi-point grounds and the throttle body / T1 sensors. Now you're on the driver's side, and you should be able to hook up the injectors on that side and the connections to the relay board.

At least that's how I recall doing it on my 2.0 (routing mostly around the back of the engine). It should reveal itself, as you say, once you start laying it out. It should be fairly apparent which connectors go where.
mepstein
If you are putting an older harness back into an engine compartment, they almost fall into place and the wire lengths make it almost impossible to attach to the wrong injector. The wiring gets a "set" from the engine heat and 40 years. You just start plugging in connectors until you are done. I installed a used replacement in 10 minutes and I'm an electrical dummy. If you are buying new from Jeff, he probably labels the wires or gives you a diagram. It always helps to take some pics of he engine compartment before you do anything and as you remove parts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.