Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 #41 -Let's Rock E, well 41 is done and delivered
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
burton73
Well new tires and wheels. Gone from 16 inch 8s and 9 911part # to 7 and 8s 15in 911 #

Seat has gone from perfect good-looking upholstery to the workshop for widening for my fat ass and then the specialty leather

The studs in the hubs where changed from longer ones that worked with the 7 in BBS that it came to me with, down to a shorter stock length. E says we have a lose stud hole that needs work or change to one new (used) hub.

Each step along the way even with NOS stock parts need a bit of love (money to clean up and rework). NOS Fuel pump had assembly lube that had become funky and needed to be cleaned up along with the contacts. It is each and every part in this car that is getting love to make it like a brand new car. Well almost the wiring is old but in great shape but still needed some love from PMB.

Covered and in a covered environment from 86 on. Made this car a great one to restore.

In the last 12 years we have seen the price of 6s go ape shit. Glade I got #41 then.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=643
558]Click to view attachment
mepstein
Looking good Bob. What size tires?
burton73
Not sure. I told E to get the right tires for me. I see they are Go, Go, Goodrich TA radials. The back wheel does not look much different that the fronts. They looked very different on the floor of my shop. One 6, 2- 7s and 2- 8s

Bob B
Click to view attachment
Tdskip
Thanks for the update
Eric_Shea
205/60-15
225/60-15

"Only" ones available in those sizes at this time. wink.gif
burton73
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 22 2018, 08:32 AM) *

205/60-15
225/60-15

Eric,

Can you post the Facebook posting here on the rear left hub story? It would be fitting for this build thread.

Thanks,

Bob
mepstein
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 22 2018, 11:32 AM) *

205/60-15
225/60-15

I’m liking the bigger tires these days. Great retro look.
johnhora
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 22 2018, 10:48 AM) *

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 22 2018, 11:32 AM) *

205/60-15
225/60-15

I’m liking the bigger tires these days. Great retro look.

agree.gif

Really Looks Great!

I had been looking at the BFG TAs...nice sort of period tread pattern too...

any spacers on the wheels or are they just standard 7/8x15s
burton73
no spacers.

Bob B
smokey
icon_bump.gif

smoke.gif
burton73
So, Eric and I decided to go with refinished 7 and 8 16s in RS finish. Going to sell the fresh polished ones on there now. I am going to a 16’ x 6 RS finish for the spare and it is being done now to match. I have a primo Space Saver in 16 inch to go on it.

Eric says things are going to move forward on 41 in a couple of weeks.

It takes a long time to get a car like this done like it is brand new.

Bob
Click to view attachment

wub.gif
Cairo94507
Absolutely beautiful finish. beerchug.gif
altitude411
*subscribed. Fantastic build. wub.gif Thank you for posting.
burton73
Back at it at PMB. E is looking for bushings for the headlights that are new. There was a member that had them several years ago when there were guys doing the hand flip up headlight kits. We cannot seem to find him or them. Any help would make us happy.

To say that I am itchy to get my car is an understatement.

Bob B
bye1.gif

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Click to view attachment
ndfrigi
Nice sir Bob! Seems ur car is a twin sister of Eric’s yellow 6 with wide fender.
burton73
E's old 6 that he sold to Europe. But a little different. All good stuff coming out of Sandy.

Bob B
burton73
My 6 x 16 with RS finish that just got in from Rick @Fuchs Restoration. I bought a super clean 16 in space saver. I could not find any more off of a rim. I guess these are not made anymore.

All the wheels off to PMB for more magic.

Bob B

Click to view attachment wub.gif
burton73
QUOTE(burton73 @ Mar 21 2018, 01:28 PM) *

Not sure. I told E to get the right tires for me. I see they are Go, Go, Goodrich TA radials. The back wheel does not look much different that the fronts. They looked very different on the floor of my shop. One 6, 2- 7s and 2- 8s

Bob B
Click to view attachment

These are for sale out of Sandy UT. E is going to use the new 15" rubber for his car.
From PMB: Bob B
burton73
Well moving along with #41. Headlights are LED. E will find some sticky tires for my fresh RS finished 7in and 8in 16inch and we are looking for a buyer for 15” 7 and 8 fresh polished finish plus the 15 x 6 spare with same polished finish.

Bumpers are ready to go on and I am hearing talk of starting the Eng. Up. Interior up next. Getting cork leather weave for centers of seats and center of dash. Leather all over.
(Singer like) More pictures coming!!

Bob Burton
Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=665
327]Click to view attachment
rgalla9146
QUOTE(burton73 @ Aug 2 2018, 06:32 PM) *

My 6 x 16 with RS finish that just got in from Rick @Fuchs Restoration. I bought a super clean 16 in space saver. I could not find any more off of a rim. I guess these are not made anymore.

All the wheels off to PMB for more magic.

Bob B

Click to view attachment wub.gif

Your car is a beauty, what a great look !
Please tell about mounting the space saver.
My efforts to mount a beautiful 14" resulted in a scratched wheel and a ruined tire.
Like you I've switched to 16" wheels and would like to do the same with a 16"
space saver.
TIA
Rory
burton73
Not sure on 14s but when I had my 15-inch done several years ago, the shop next door did it for me. The tires guys do not like to do it but some of them can. I think lots of lube and they have to be super careful. Maybe E will let us know how he has it done now.

Bob B
burton73
I went over this with Eric and his superb interior man on facetime this week as what we are going to do with the interior soon. Looked over the samples of the basket weave leather like they use on Singer cars. Just for the custom basket weave materials for the car I have to buy enough to do 2 cars the way I want. That is around $3,500. Just for that part plus all the rest of the leather material. I love the look of this color combo. Black leather plus the orange/tan weave I believe this will be killer look. We will do #41 with the Scheel Sport seat that was in the car plus we will also do the factory driver seat that came in the car from the factory just in case I do not like the Scheel Sport seat for everyday driving. Not that this car will get any daily driving. A very special 30th car not the way it came down the line in 1969

With the extra weave I think I will do the centers of the Speedster replica that I am envisioning
In my favorite blue exterior color with the tan/orange leather interior. This picture I believe is of a Real Speedster.

That is the color that I wanted to paint #41 but all of you talked me out of that. Got to have a metallic Blue VW/Porsche

Getting closer.

Bob B

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment wub.gif wub.gif
pete000
Nice build !
daytona
I like where you going with the interior. I have a similar colored interior in my 2007 Cayman S; Porsche calls the color "Terracota".
Bill.
porschetub
QUOTE(burton73 @ Aug 31 2018, 10:38 AM) *

Well moving along with #41. Headlights are LED. E will find some sticky tires for my fresh RS finished 7in and 8in 16inch and we are looking for a buyer for 15” 7 and 8 fresh polished finish plus the 15 x 6 spare with same polished finish.

Bumpers are ready to go on and I am hearing talk of starting the Eng. Up. Interior up next. Getting cork leather weave for centers of seats and center of dash. Leather all over.
(Singer like) More pictures coming!!

Bob Burton
Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Very nice Bob what did PMB do to seal the backs of the LED headlight conversion? or are they sealed units to start with?, beer.gif
burton73
No idea, E just did what was the best. He may chime in on it?

Bob B
burton73
More pictures from E today.

Bob B

burton73
Troutman thermostat like new from back in the day!

Hoped up oil cooling coming in now. It is all happening. Lots of details

Bob B
Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
Loving it. Keep the pics coming. beerchug.gif
burton73
E had new tires mounted on my 16s 7 and 8 with RS finish done by Rick at Fuchsrestoration.com

Really happy with the way the tire and wheels look on number 41. My vision with PMBs help is getting there. Waite till the Singer like full leather interior goes in. It will be a killer Hot Rod VW-Porsche

Bob Burton
smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Bob,
Looking forward to see your "Six". NICE..
914/Alan
burton73
QUOTE(914 @ Nov 13 2018, 08:14 PM) *

Bob,
Looking forward to see your "Six". NICE..
914/Alan

Me too bud.

Take care,

Bob
mepstein
Looks amazing. Will be another benchmark build. beerchug.gif
peteyd
QUOTE(burton73 @ Sep 15 2018, 07:33 PM) *

This picture I believe is of a Real Speedster.

Bob B

Click to view attachment

Is that aqua marine metallic?

If so, our speedster here at the shop that we are reverse engineering came from the factory with that color. I also think it is very nice.

Pete

PS, your build looks nice. It will look killer with your planned interior as well.
burton73
Well moving on with 41. PMB is finishing under the dash and putting in the windows.
Note the steering wheel on there now is a La Carrera and will get a 914-6 double wrapped leather with real early Hocky Puck that I bought 10 years ago. Note that the center support under cowl is cad plated as the 1st 50 cars where.

I have spent a bit of time going over the Singer inspired interior. With Dale, PMBs master interior man and I have gone over the materials for the interior. German Tan Basket weave for the carpets and headliner and trunks. lots of tan/Orangeesh leather in two tone weave for seats centers and door panels and center of dash, and Black leather for dash and trims. Leather everywhere vinyl was from factory. Insulation mat in the interior. Materials coming from Italy and the weave from the company that does Singers cars. $9,600. Just for the materials for the interior.

I am doing the Scheel modified seat plus the stock seat in this material just in case I do not like the feel of the Scheel seat. Passenger seat is same treatment on no moving seat that came with the car. Leather all over the back area of the interior that was Leatherette (Vinyl).

Will update here as it is happening. Custom basket weave is 10 weeks off from now.

Bob Burton / Bob B
Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=676
712]Click to view attachment
Bob,
Cant wait to see your '6'..Cool interior..
914/Alan
bbrock
Absolutely beautiful. The photography on your updates is just stunning. I feel like I'm reading a coffee table book. Interesting detail on the cad plated support. Can't wait to see that interior. smilie_pokal.gif
burton73
QUOTE(bbrock @ Nov 28 2018, 08:30 PM) *

Absolutely beautiful. The photography on your updates is just stunning. I feel like I'm reading a coffee table book. Interesting detail on the cad plated support. Can't wait to see that interior. smilie_pokal.gif

All most all photos are E man. Yes he is also very good at taking pictures.

They do look vey good.

This think is happing.

Bob B
burton73
Sorry it took so long for me to post the size of the new tires that Eric picked out for my 16s. I think they look very good.

Size and brand.

Misc.
225/50R-16 DUNLOP DIREZZA ZIII SL
Misc.
205/50R-16 DUNLOP DIREZZA ZIII SL

Happy Hollidays,

Bob Burton bye1.gif
Tdskip
Thanks for keeping us updated on your progress.
Larmo63
Dang, Bob.

So many killer 914 builds going on here now.

I better up my game in the new year to keep up with all of these beautiful Porsches in progress.

Kudos to Eric too, great work!!!! first.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Dec 2 2018, 01:29 PM) *

Dang, Bob.

So many killer 914 builds going on here now.

I better up my game in the new year to keep up with all of these beautiful Porsches in progress.

Kudos to Eric too, great work!!!! first.gif

Just getting one done means you have game.
burton73
As Eric messaged me. “She’s getting there Roberto”

So, what am I doing to kill time waiting for my 6 besides working on my other cars, I am building a Bass from a $215. Kit. Red body with black sides, blond neck with BK tuning head face. Lacquer paint tinted Red with my Plastic tints.

Bob B - Burton
Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
wub.gif santa_smiley.gif
bbrock
QUOTE(burton73 @ Dec 4 2018, 08:12 PM) *

As Eric messaged me. “She’s getting there Roberto”

So, what am I doing to kill time waiting for my 6 besides working on my other cars, I am building a Bass from a $215. Kit. Red body with black sides, blond neck with BK tuning head face. Lacquer paint tinted Red with my Plastic tints.

Bob B - Burton
Click to view attachment
wub.gif santa_smiley.gif

That's awesome! Making my own guitar is on my bucket list. piratenanner.gif
burton73
It is easy with the kit. Well with your skillsets it will be very easy for you. basses cost more than 6 strings from these guys.

https://thefretwire.com/collections/diy-guitar-kits

Made in China but the company is in Utah.

They have all kinds. Sam is the owner

Bob
Tdskip
That is super cool Bob
Dion
I like that fuel door. Very trick.
Beautiful bass as well.
Keep the pics coming.
Nacho
smilie_pokal.gif piratenanner.gif beerchug.gif
burton73
Some pictures we may have seen but what the hell. I am putting them in as E shoots them. Look at the trick double outlet exhaust.

Bob B
TravisNeff
Pictures are excellent!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.