Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 #41 -Let's Rock E, well 41 is done and delivered
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
flyer86d
QUOTE(burton73 @ May 20 2019, 01:18 PM) *

https://vimeo.com/337333261

https://vimeo.com/337332800

With a little of this and a little of that (4 different fuel pumps including one NOS that I got 10 years ago) PMB got #41 started up. First time in 35 years

Sounds just right to these ears.

Bob B
wub.gif wub.gif chowtime.gif chowtime.gif

Yeah baby!

Charlie
Tdskip
Fantastic!
Bob,
Congratulations..
914/Alan
bbrock
thumb3d.gif SWEET!!! thumb3d.gif
914_7T3
Oh My! Super Sweet Ride and heartfelt Congrats! That car is a winner first.gif
burton73
LED head lights and Fresh Air Control restoration. Going with LEDs in the Cibie Pallas Citroen hood Rally lights.

Bob B
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
burton73
PMB at work. Had to work out some electrical stuff but now 20 min of Cam break in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13EebfmiEFE

Bob B
burton73
Eric@PMB sent me a text today with this message:
Custom 914-6 Oil Tank with level sender and inner fender well heat shielding added to protect it.

7-29-19 We are ready to go to Dales to start the custom interior for #41. We have all materials in hand. Singer and 916 inspired as everything will be covered in super over the top, Leather. I firggin love Leather.

Bob B

Cairo94507
Your car is looking terrific. Can't wait to see the interior. beerchug.gif
burton73
Me too man.

So I was thinking of a song.

Bob B driving-girl.gif

Hungry - Paul Revere and the Raiders
Lyrics
Girl you got this need to know what I'm all about,
There's something that you dig you can't figure out
Well, you wanna know what moves my soul
And what ticks inside of my brain,
But I've got this need I just can't control, and it's
A-drivin' me insane,
I can't take it! Owww!----
Because I'm hungry for those good things, baby
Hungry through and through,
Well I'm hungry for that sweet life baby
With a real fine girl like you,
I can almost taste it,
It's sweet as wine,
----There's a custom-tailored 914-6 that I wanna own someday,

Girl, I'm gonna have it all someday if you'll
Just hang on to my hand,
If I break some rules along the way, girl, you
Gotta understand.

burton73
Going to post the pieces of the all leather interior as it is going in. Today this is just hanging around.

Bob B
Click to view attachment
burton73
Filling in the ashtray. Drawings of some interior parts from Dale

Bob B

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment

cheer.gif cheer.gif
burton73
The 4th gauge gas/ oil tank level goes in the big hole to the left of the center. This is the way some hotrod guys did in the early 70s.

Bob B
Maltese Falcon
Looking / sounding good Bob...and the Frenchies back there are hot aktion035.gif
Is this the same 6 that I delivered parts for, to your Culver City (area) shop in old school days ¿¿
burton73
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Sep 26 2019, 03:50 PM) *

Looking / sounding good Bob...and the Frenchies back there are hot aktion035.gif
Is this the same 6 that I delivered parts for, to your Culver City (area) shop in old school days ¿¿

Same one. I have had it for 12 years. It was finished at the body man shop at PMB 5 years ago.

As you know it takes a lot of time.

Bob B
Coondog
Wow those are my dream gauges..... smile.gif
burton73
More pictures of custom dash by Dale Hancock – 1st thing is super soft Pussy Leather. My wife looked at me and said why do you call the leather that?

Anyway, Dale went with an ash tray delete and put some LED lights there to throw light under the dash and floor when I flip on the early 911 rear center pad light.

Contrasting color leather behind the instrument cluster. I like the way it is coming along. Love the stitching work on the dash. I told Dale what I was looking for and he did it.

Bob B

wub.gif Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=714
445]Click to view attachment
burton73
Well these extra pix from Eric I guess when Dale delivered them.

This is going to be nice. Somehow, I feel much closer to actually getting my car back.
My wife jokes that there really is no #41 it is just in my mind.

Bob B
Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
burton73
Eric called me this AM to discuss the area in the front of the dash to the window. I wanted leather in every spot on my interior that we can put it.

In full discloser Eric brought up the point that in extreme heat, this area could shrink. Dale left a lot of extra material for any shrinkage so I am sure it will be OK.

Lots of small details to go over. #41 is feeling the love

Thanks all the artisans doing their magic on my car. After everything is done she gets cleaned up from the reconstruction and the paint will be touched. Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance is in March on the 8Th. That is around the corner.

Bob Burton

wub.gif
burton73
Everything is going to be covered in leather. Black or Tan or 2 tone Tan weave. If the factory offered a full leather package #41 would have been it.

Bob B

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Bob,
Looking Sweet.. Cant wait to see it in the hood..
914/Alan
burton73
We are going to try some special hex head fasteners for the instrument cluster. Something that looks special (Trick).

Our design team are working on the ideas for the door panels.
Working with Eric, Dale and myself we are ending up with the vision of what a custom full leather 914 interior should look like.

Very happy so far.

Bob B

Click to view attachment
burton73
QUOTE(914 @ Oct 11 2019, 09:37 AM) *

Bob,
914/Alan

Alan,

I cannot wait till we can get together with your cars so we will have a triple 1970 Cannery yellow 914 picture. What will the neighbors say?

Bob B

confused24.gif cheer.gif
QUOTE(burton73 @ Oct 11 2019, 10:24 AM) *

QUOTE(914 @ Oct 11 2019, 09:37 AM) *

Bob,
914/Alan

Alan,

I cannot wait till we can get together with your cars so we will have a triple 1970 Cannery yellow 914 picture. What will the neighbors say?

Bob B

confused24.gif cheer.gif

Bob, Unbelievable..Lets do it..
914/Alan
raynekat
That is going to be one sweet looking dash/interior.
I also can't wait to see what the finished product looks like.
burton73
Some more of the dash. We will do something trick for the knobs.

Bob B
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment

The oil level gauge and sender is something special that the speedshop did when this car had a change up to a 69s engen in the early 70s
burton73
Glass is in and Dale is working on the leather for all trim!

Bob BClick to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
burton73
Under dash in leather, installed. Glove box door with special welting and leather weave, installed.

Very happy with the interior work that Dale Hancock has been doing.

Bob B
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

wub.gif
raynekat
Ultra custom......swingggggg.
914_7T3
That's pretty bad ass!

w00t.gif
mepstein
I really like that your keeping a lot of the custom touches from the past and adding in your own. The older mods hold up as being period correct but not “wacky”. A lot of it reminds me of the “satanic details” thread on earlySreg. beerchug.gif
burton73
PMB getting the speakers mounted and cleaning up my original grills.
Fancy knobs for Front lights, fog lights, and Cibie frogs like Oscar has. Plus, they are making up an Emergency flasher knob.
The speakers are Polk Audio brand and that reminds me of a song I used to sing…

“Down in Louisiana, where the alligators grow so mean,
There lived a girl, that I swear to the world,
Made the alligators look tame, …
Polk salad Annie, POLK salad Annie
Everybody said it was a shame
Cause her momma was a workin' on the chain gang
(A mean vicious woman) yea, Polk salad Annie, the gators got your granny, ah ooo,
Everybody said it was a shame,
Cause her momma was a workin' on the chain gang,
(Sock a little Polk salad to me, you know I need me a mess of it)”

Bob B

burton73

Bob B wub.gif
sb914
I’m liking those window cranks. May I ask where you sourced those?
burton73
http://www.rennline.com/Rennline-Billet-Al...BCABEgKaqfD_BwE

Rennline. We are going to wrap in leather.

Bob B

Click to view attachment
burton73
My car is getting closer (Better) all the time.
Lots of details. Vent slider face new with LED lights in blue and red so we know when they are on. Custom knobs including one for the Frog lights coming. Car is balanced for load with me the big boy in driver’s seat and tank of gas. Eric is using all his skills.

It may be on the road for a test in the next few weeks.

Reminds me of a song:
Getting Better by The Beatles

It's getting better all the time

I used to get mad at my school (No, I can't complain)
The teachers who taught me weren't cool (No, I can't complain)
You're holding me down
Turning me round
Filling me up with your rules

I've got to admit it's getting better (Better)
A little better all the time 
I have to admit it's getting better (Better)
It's getting better all the time,

It can’t get much
Since you've been mine
Me used to be angry young man
Me hiding me head in the sand
You gave me the word, I finally heard
I'm doing the best that I can
I've got to admit it's getting better

Bob BClick to view attachment Click to view attachment
raynekat
Hot dog.
One of the best looking 914 builds hands down.
Love the dash and the custom little things you are doing.
Get this baby finished quick please! Ha
Bob,
Can't Wait to see your "6" in our Hood.. How many can say there are "3" Canary yellow 914's just blocks away..
914/Alan
dax1969
An absolute dreamcar...

Bob, I see that the car is about 650 miles fm your place. I do hope you will drive her home !! If you don't have the time....give me a shout and I'll be on the next plane. In 15 hrs I am there biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

bye1.gif

Dax
burton73
Changing out the inside door openers to get a leather strap opener like the 911s have from a Singer car. Eric worked out the concept, the rod now runs inside the door and it works. Just one more custom touch from PMB. Thanks! Danny buddie, you can drive it back with me.

Bob B
Click to view attachment
burton73
Got LED blubs for my Cibie fog lights. We just have to paint the metal Cannery instead of the factory gray. These things will certainly light up the night on a very dark long road. Like driving up to Manounth mountain at night late. Have to keep them covered in CA but they look killer.

Bob B
Click to view attachment

aktion035.gif
ValcoOscar
@Burton73

Hey Bob-

Same Cibie lights as mine...care to share LED bulb source?

beerchug.gif

Oscar
burton73
Oscar, I have asked Eric and I will come back to you on it. Working out the need or not of wedges to get the lights just right so they are not taking out airplanes

Best Bob B
burton73
OK, Eric says XStorm. They researched and this was the one because of the 360 degrees and how it affects the reflector.

PMS say, pretty sure that these will melt people at 25 feet

I will call them Frog Torches. In a light battel guys coming my way that think that I have my high beams on I will hit my high beams. If they come on with more light I will Frog Torch them. This is why in CA you have to have them covered or get a fixit ticket

Bob B
Click to view attachment
burton73
From E @PMB:

Testing fitment. Your custom German square weave would cover all of this. Mounting plate would be made to limit intrusion on the body. So far is shy of where the factory foam pieces would go so... all good.

This is the sub that we are using with a Bluetooth control so I can use my phone for a sound library. Fit should look just like a 72 interior as far as the footrest goes. This should sound good

Bob B

Click to view attachment sunglasses.gif
burton73
Eric got the radio face plate from Europe. This looks just right.

Bob B
Click to view attachment
Bob,
Looking Real Nice..
914/Alan
Cairo94507
That looks great! beerchug.gif
burton73
PMB Performance is setting up the amps and sub that will fit in the panel shown. Bluetooth and Sub Volume control will be in the glove box and after the custom German carpet is in nobody will know it’s in there.

Should be very nice as all elements of 41 are.

Bob B
Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

burton73
Eric says amp is mounted on the backside. Perfect use of space.

Bob B

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.