Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 #41 -Let's Rock E, well 41 is done and delivered
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
burton73
Amp, Bluetooth and sub. All set for the clean installation. E says sound today?
From the man that knows sound.

Bob B
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
burton73
All this sound system talk reminds me of a group I love. Saw them back in 70s a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWLl8-PAlzs

Savoy Brown – Let It Rock

Lyrics
Rock and Roll on the radio
, Hear it every place I go, 
Stick McGhee singing Spo-Dee-O
Let it rock to your very soul

Well the Jacquet on the saxophone
, Plays it like you never heard before
, Can't you feel him getting so high
, Let it rock to your very soul,
Well Let It Rock to your very soul, 
Rock to your very soul
, Hear it on the radio
, Rock to your very soul, 
Well let it rock

Everybody knows they got to move
, When they hear that funky rhythm move
, When there's nothing left for you to do
, Let it rock to your very soul,
Well Let It Rock to your very soul
, Rock to your very soul
, Hear it on the radio, 
Rock to your very soul
, Well let it rock o Well let it rock

Bob B

rhodyguy
I would like to hear 'Tell Mama' on this sound system. My fav SB song.
burton73
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZM8z_jF8Os
"Tell Mama"

From the 1971 album STREET CORNER TALKIN'. This was their 7th album.

Saw this show at The Hollywood Palladium is a theater located at 6215 Sunset Boulevard in Hollywood, California. It was built in a Streamline Moderne, Art Deco style and includes an 11,200 square foot dance floor including a mezzanine and a floor level with room for up to 3,800 people. Wikipedia
Address: 6215 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90028
Capacity: 3,800

Great place to see a group as there were no seats, just bars and people tripping around. You could go right up to the stage I was 20. I also went to the Teenage Fair there when I was 12. Gillette gave away free tract one shaving kits to the boys.

Click to view attachment
bbrock
Love it! I had this one when I was a kid. I bought it mostly for the cover art and then sold it to a distant cousin for some dumb reason and regretted it.

IPB Image

And this is still one of my favorite albums of all time. Three months rarely pass before I give it another listen.

IPB Image

Seeing both in one show... now that would be something!
burton73
Every thing screwed up today but at the end of it E showed me my Plats for my 6. This took so work but my Wend ended up good because of this

Bob BClick to view attachment
eric9144
Those plates are awesome, can't wait to see this 6! first.gif
burton73
I am a little behind in posting the updates on my car. Very happy to see the video from Ian when he stopped by PMB and got the info on my six.

Pictures of mods of muffler to pick up 40 HP more. E said measure, measure, measure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm7IbtLogO8...dex=30&t=0s

Happy to bring this to you.

Bob B
Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=737
220]Click to view attachment
burton73
One more
Click to view attachment

Bob B
burton73
Well a bunch of stuff going on with my 6. We decided to change out the blaupunkt stereo because it just would not make the modern sound even after we had can’s replaced. E decided it was better to go with this modern set up to look like an old radio.
He dialed it in and it sounds killer with Steely Dan on the Bluetooth from E's phone. From what I can hear on my cell phone and even with the small phone speakers it is clean and true bass like I like it. The sound is clean and it pops in a great way.

Work on the exhaust to open it up so there will be less back pressure and we decided to go for an early rear valance with duel openings and the set up for GT flairs.

As almost all fiber glass parts need to be massaged, these where no better and it takes cutting and fiber glass to make them just right. Car will be going off to paint correction’s soon.

You see on picture of custom Leather dash with Vent Controls with Billet knobs and vent face in billet.

Stay safe my brothers,

Bob B

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=740
512]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Cairo94507
Wow you are not kidding re the rear valance. The two tips coming out are going to look great though. Progress is always great. beerchug.gif
burton73
Sorry that I am not keeping up with the progress on 41. This is the update of the duel in and duel out on Dansk heat exchangers and sport muffler to reduce the back pressure on the heat exchangers. This is a lot of work. The 914-6 Style Valance now is set up for the duel out. Fiberglas has been massaged and just needs painting. I will put on a fresh 1970 rear bumper (Thank you Oscar)

The muffler will be polished to super bright SS finish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUPvSLRoW0k...eature=youtu.be

Custom sound by PMB and E on muffler and stereo. Both kicking hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy5k-OxEPPA...eature=youtu.be

Bob B

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
burton73
Well the fine people at PMB finished my rear valance to work with my custom muffler.

I just sent PMB my fresh plated rear bumper (thank you Oscar) and (Mark) for the nice used bumper top to replace what you see. I will sell the rear bumper that you see. I got it from GlennClick to view attachment 10 years ago for like $500. Original 1970 units are hard to come up with. Eric says we are ready for some road testing (500 miles) and then to paint corrections. $1 was finished paint work more than 6 years ago. Stuff happens when you build up a car like this from ground up.

Bob B

Cairo94507
That rear valance and exhaust looks great. Are you going to add the chrome exhaust tips? (I like them so that's my agenda.)
burton73
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ May 22 2020, 02:36 PM) *

That rear valance and exhaust looks great. Are you going to add the chrome exhaust tips? (I like them so that's my agenda.)

PMB is going to polish the Stainless-Steel tips to super bright chrome like finish.

Bob B
windforfun
Your car is absolutely stunning!
burton73
1st time 41 had been on the road running since 1986.
Eric is doing the desert run of 528-mile loop to break her in.
He just stopped to richen up the PMOs and adjust the idle.

After all of the break in, then the touch up finishing of the paint.

I don’t know how I am feeling it has been so long from the start when I got her to this point. I have a really cool car.

https://youtu.be/-HE3Rb97Y-c

wub.gif

Bob B
eric9144
Awesome so close now!!

Video comes up as private confused24.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(eric9144 @ Jun 3 2020, 04:55 PM) *

Awesome so close now!!

Same here.
But a big congrats Bob. smilie_pokal.gif
burton73
QUOTE(eric9144 @ Jun 3 2020, 01:55 PM) *

Awesome so close now!!

https://youtu.be/-HE3Rb97Y-c
ValcoOscar
Can't see the video with my reading glasses mad.gif

Click to view attachment
burton73
Try it now. On the road with 41

Click to view attachment
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(burton73 @ Jun 3 2020, 02:18 PM) *

Try it now

Works now... beerchug.gif

Nice...need a longer video NEXT TIME, but awesome sound.

View looks familiar

Oscar

Click to view attachment
burton73
Eric just called. Everything is looking good. Outside temp is 95 in desert. Oil temp is very good and except for an adjustment for 4th and 5 the trans shifts well. E says it feels like his car but more power. That is nice. One seat one Eric. Solo brake in.

Need the Paint touch up. Changing hoods because E came up with a better one.
Side vinyl is not on yet. It has just one seat in it now. Dale has to finish the interior.

Bob

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
eric9144

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HE3Rb97Y-c

first.gif
burton73
Eric ( PMB Performance) has done the 1st 250 miles on the car for its shake down. Found that there was a small oil leak from the can towers that was dripping on the heat exchangers and has installed RSR seals on the rocker shafts. He says the seals are used by the factory on race cars.

So on to the next 250 miles for full shake down and then we are back to the paint man that did the car 6 years ago for touch up of the paint.

Then we are waiting for Dale to finish up the custom interior.

Bob B
driving-girl.gif Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Tdskip
Wow - what a car Bob! Thanks for the updates.
burton73
Still waiting for paint touch up and then interior.

Engen was out for SRS cam tower seals as we had a small oil leak. They worked and E =PMB said it started first crank. She’s a good girl. Put AN fittings on the fuel lines and they look trick.

Wanting my car back.

Bob B
Tdskip
Hard to wait but man what a car she will be.

Thanks for the update Bob.
bbrock
Another 914 super badass car about to be set free. Love it! aktion035.gif
Cairo94507
Your car is looking great. I love the fuel line fittings. beerchug.gif
914_7T3
QUOTE(burton73 @ May 22 2020, 01:21 PM) *

Well the fine people at PMB finished my rear valance to work with my custom muffler.

I just sent PMB my fresh plated rear bumper (thank you Oscar) and (Mark) for the nice used bumper top to replace what you see. I will sell the rear bumper that you see. I got it from GlennClick to view attachment 10 years ago for like $500. Original 1970 units are hard to come up with. Eric says we are ready for some road testing (500 miles) and then to paint corrections. $1 was finished paint work more than 6 years ago. Stuff happens when you build up a car like this from ground up.

Bob B

Bob,

Your build is spectacular and can't wait to see it in person. smilie_pokal.gif

Let me know when we can go on a run in RPV or Malibu. driving.gif
burton73
OK, well 41 went out for paint correction and is back at PMB, we put a new front hood on as Eric said we had small imperfections in hood and better to go with a fresher hood. Adjustments were made in the rear of car. We put on a better fresh rear bumper from Oscar (thanks Oscar) The one I gave to Eric was one I got from Glen some 10 years ago.
Soon my car is off to Dales to finish up the interior. I guess I will be getting back my bad boy in near further. A little more road-testing. E put on 250 miles so far. He says he is impressed. I am excited but when you get to my age you learn to wait till it is done. More pictures to come

Best regards my 914 Brothers.

Bob Burton

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Cairo94507
Nice looking car. Look at the BFH on the ground.....
burton73
Small adjustment of the re-plated rear bumper. I was on the phone with Eric as the adjustment was made. A couple of taps

Bob
ValcoOscar
Congrats Bob-

In the spirit of Holloween, you got the treat!!!

Oscar

Click to view attachment
burton73
Number 41 getting finished. I asked for a third brake light as people in the city can run into your backside. Nice clean job from the minds at PMB.

Bob B
Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=766
553]
djway
Reminds me of the Bug Eye Sprite my aunt drove me to the beach in often. Good memories.....Beautiful car.
burton73
Click to view attachment Today

Bob B
burton73
PMB polished my SS muffler now after they did all the super trick stuff to the factory HE with now bigger outlets. Bigger out from HE bigger in to sport muffler.
Very happy I can not wait to drive my car. Bought her in 2007

Bob B
tygaboy
Bob, your car couldn't look any better. Period. Full stop.
burton73
41 is at Dales and we are moving on the rest of the interior. It all takes time to do it right. I will keep posting. The carpet is German weave all the way from Italy. Why do they not call it Italian weave?

Bob B
Root_Werks
There is some serious craftsmanship showing in this build, very nice!
burton73
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Dec 29 2020, 03:32 PM) *

There is some serious craftsmanship showing in this build, very nice!

I remember your Blue 914 that you put the 916-roof in. You have some great skill sets. I started on this project in 2007

Bob B
burton73
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Oct 27 2020, 02:55 PM) *

Bob, your car couldn't look any better. Period. Full stop.

You also have some amazing skill sets. An artist in metal.

Best, Bob B
driving-girl.gif
Jett
very nice build!
burton73
Happening now! Just a few months more and this vision of my car I had back in 2007 when I bought it will be in my Garage. Interior is getting massaged by Dale. German weave imported from Italy. Leather weave custom made and well I am so happy. My wife now believes me that I have this car that she has been hearing about. I just love the smell of leather!

Best,

Bob B

Click to view attachment
preach
Beautiful!
Tdskip
Thanks for the update!
bkrantz
VERY nice! (and great color)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.