Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 #41 -Let's Rock E, well 41 is done and delivered
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Maltese Falcon
Basket weave details are outrageous aktion035.gif
pete000

I'm surprised you did not fix the jumbo door speaker cut outs while you were in there. I know you cant see them with the door cards on, but I had the same situation and just had to fix mine !
eric9144
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Jan 12 2021, 07:00 PM) *

Basket weave details are outrageous aktion035.gif

agree.gif That dash is next level, happy to see this kind of work being done! first.gif
Can't wait to see it in So Cal (eventually poke.gif )
burton73
QUOTE(pete000 @ Jan 13 2021, 07:27 AM) *

I'm surprised you did not fix the jumbo door speaker cut outs while you were in there. I know you cant see them with the door cards on, but I had the same situation and just had to fix mine !

I see them but only me and you will know.
burton73
To say that I am happy with the way dale is doing this is an understatement.

Mad skills, mad skillset@ Dale thumbs up.

Bob B
Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(burton73 @ Jan 15 2021, 12:09 PM) *

Mad skills, mad skillset@ Dale Hancock thumbs up.

Bob B

Ok..enough Bob, now Dale is showing off mad.gif

But I love it cheer.gif aktion035.gif biggrin.gif

You're going to have to wear gloves and booties to drive this beauty beerchug.gif

Congrats to you and PMB Team

Oscar

Eric_Shea
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Jan 15 2021, 01:17 PM) *

QUOTE(burton73 @ Jan 15 2021, 12:09 PM) *

Mad skills, mad skillset@ Dale Hancock thumbs up.

Bob B

Ok..enough Bob, now Dale is showing off mad.gif

But I love it cheer.gif aktion035.gif biggrin.gif

You're going to have to wear gloves and booties to drive this beauty beerchug.gif

Congrats to you and PMB Team

Oscar

biggrin.gif beerchug.gif More to come today. I’ll let Bob post the update.
burton73
Dale is doing just we went over. The custom work is crazy good.
He says Next up is Drivers heal pad and sub speaker cover. You can see the custom dash with ashtray delete and LED light in the spot under where the ash tray used to fit in.

Bob B

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
johnhora
This is real ART...just amazing craftmanship!

Bob you're going to need white gloves and a hazmat suit just to sit in it smile.gif

RiqueMar
Epic build and progress, definitely taking notes on this master-class.

popcorn[1].gif Keep the photos coming!
raynekat
Like the ash tray delete!
Krieger
That interior is gorgeous!
burton73
ABS plastic Cover for Sub so it does not get kicked in, and then the carpet velcroed over it. Going to have Dale cover the Dog Bone H floor cushion used on 70 and 71 cars with cork leather. Clock sent out to Palo Alto Speedometer
for rebuilding.

Big Buck cork weave treatment for headliner with Perlon for sound insulation under it.
On the cork leather weave, I had to order almost $4,000 of it as there is a minimum order for custom Weave.

Weave going in the center area on seats with cork leather on bolsters and seat back. One set for stock 914 seats and one for Scheel Sport seat made bigger for my fat ass. The driver seat can be changed in and out as we have two sets of seat brackets so I do not need to spend time in removing and bolting in the 2nd seat.

What me happy? You know it!

Bob B

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=777
757]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Tdskip
Wow, outstanding work.
burton73
Did you say custom? Leather cover for button on SCHEEL drivers seat done by laser 914-6/41

Lots of small details

Bob B

Click to view attachment
TJB/914
QUOTE(burton73 @ Jun 29 2021, 01:57 PM) *

Did you say custom? Leather cover for button on SCHEEL drivers seat done by laser 914-6/41

Lots of small details

Bob B

Click to view attachment

Beautiful build and love everything wub.gif
Have you thought about a personalized license plate?? 914-6-41 w00t.gif
Tom
burton73
QUOTE(TJB/914 @ Jun 29 2021, 12:56 PM) *

QUOTE(burton73 @ Jun 29 2021, 01:57 PM) *

Lots of small details

Bob B

Click to view attachment

Beautiful build and love everything wub.gif
Have you thought about a personalized license plate?? 914-6-41 w00t.gif
Tom

Tom my plate says: 30th 6

well because it was the 30th 6 down the production line

Bob B
bbrock
Bob, You're car is simply off the hook. What a work of art, engineering, taste! drooley.gif
PanelBilly
QUOTE(burton73 @ Jan 23 2021, 04:50 PM) *

ABS plastic Cover for Sub so it does not get kicked in, and then the carpet velcroed over it. Going to have Dale cover the Dog Bone H floor cushion used on 70 and 71 cars with cork leather. Clock sent out to Palo Alto Speedometer
for rebuilding.

Big Buck cork weave treatment for headliner with Perlon for sound insulation under it.
On the cork leather weave, I had to order almost $4,000 of it as there is a minimum order for custom Weave.

Weave going in the center area on seats with cork leather on bolsters and seat back. One set for stock 914 seats and one for Scheel Sport seat made bigger for my fat ass. The driver seat can be changed in and out as we have two sets of seat brackets so I do not need to spend time in removing and bolting in the 2nd seat.

What me happy? You know it!

Bob B

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=777
757]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Is that the seat or the floor mat?
Cairo94507
I believe that is the roof insert. beerchug.gif
burton73
Well it is about time to show some more custom interior shots. Number one is the early 911 interior light. Who needs the crappie cheep stock 914 lights that always fail in the plastic part. Real metal and chrome plating. And real leather on every part of number 41s interior

I can hardly wait

Bob B Burton
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
tygaboy
w00t.gif pray.gif wub.gif aktion035.gif

So.
Beautiful.
Cairo94507
I really like the early 911 interior light. Looks way better than the cheap 914 light. beerchug.gif
burton73
And then there was this. Leather on leather

Bob B

Click to view attachment
fiacra
Awesome looking! Glad to see progress. Looks like it is going to worth the wait after all.
burton73
Need to do the headrest, center cushion, Stock 914-6 seat and side panels. When I bought my 6 it came with a racing seat and a stock seat. Dale custom reworked the racing seat for me a bigger than life guy ( fat boy)

Bruce Springsteen - Stay on the streets of this town
And they'll be carving you up all right,

They say you gotta stay hungry,
Hey, baby, I'm just about starving tonight,
I'm dying for some action…
I'm sick of sitting 'round here trying to write this book
I need a love reaction,
Come on now, baby, gimme just one look

Bob B
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
mepstein
Is the driver seat a recovered Scheel? It looks great!
burton73
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 29 2021, 01:50 PM) *

Is the driver seat a recovered Scheel? It looks great!

Hi Mark,

Yes it is. Hope all is well with you and yours

Best Bob
gms
I love my Scheel seat and your looks great!
flyer86d
Wow that is nice! Keep it coming.

Charlie
Cairo94507
That driver's seat..... wub.gif drooley.gif
76-914
Classy! beerchug.gif
Root_Werks
What a great color combo! Love it!
burton73
More great pieces of interior of all leather

Bob B
Click to view attachment
burton73
Click to view attachment
burton73
moreClick to view attachment
burton73
Click to view attachment

More
burton73
Click to view attachment
raynekat
That center tray with the basket weave...over the top sweet. Wow
burton73
QUOTE(raynekat @ Oct 13 2021, 05:25 PM) *

That center tray with the basket weave...over the top sweet. Wow

Dale had to build one for the set up you see, one that you see with the modified wider (for my big ass) Scheel and one that is for the driver’s seat that came from the factory. I can see what I want as my seat and the extra always go with the car. Side panels to come with custom arm rests.
Interior trim is covered in BK leather

Bob B

piratenanner.gif
Dion
That interior is delicious!! Beautiful. Like that 911 lite.
burton73
Last week.

Loving this

BobClick to view attachment
burton73
¾ rear shot , Fresh RS double wrap Steering to be installed with real late 60s Hockey Puck horn button. I am going with the leather on left, right is vinyl
Left says STUTTGART the Vinyl does not.

Bob B
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
burton73
A shot of the rear of #41 It takes a lot of work to get a rear FG Valance to fit just right.

It is hours and hours of fitting. I was talking to Eric tonight on just what a Restored 914 really is and not a REFURBISHED car. This is a completely rebuilt from the front to the rear of car. Every part rebuilt. A lot of guys are thinking that a very shiny paint is rebuilt.

Bob B
Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
Your rear valance and exhaust look perfect. Of course the whole cars look great too. beerchug.gif
76-914
Very nice Bob. BTW, do I see 914-6 & 914-4 on the gas pump counter? smilie_pokal.gif
Eric_Shea
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jan 25 2022, 09:34 AM) *

Very nice Bob. BTW, do I see 914-6 & 914-4 on the gas pump counter? smilie_pokal.gif

Maaaaaybe unsure.gif sunglasses.gif
orthobiz
I figured out why I hate customized 914s: because they don't do it like you do it. I am in love with your build!!!

Paul
burton73
16inch Spacesaver and RS finish on 6x16

Clean. I love clean

Bob BClick to view attachment
burton73
Dale working on the door panels. Custom build side arm rests / small storage area.

Eric says it smells like a new Porsche as far as the interior goes. I love the smell of leather in the morning.

Bob B
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.