Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Speedo trim rings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spunone
Thinking about makin trim rings for our gauges .I know they allready make them but seem a little pricey.How do they attach with silicon or just a press fit.??
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (spunone @ May 6 2005, 04:47 PM)
Thinking about makin trim rings for our gauges .I know they allready make them but seem a little pricey.How do they attach with silicon or just a press fit.??

you da man paul!!!!

some come with an adhesive strip so they are stick on
spunone
Thanks Aaron but that sounds a little cheesey way to attach maybe just a drop a silicon is the way to go and you can trim of the xcess when dry
spunone
Also I'll leave them raw alum and you can finish any way ya want beer.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (spunone @ May 6 2005, 04:53 PM)
Thanks Aaron but that sounds a little cheesey way to attach maybe just a drop a silicon is the way to go and you can trim of the xcess when dry

i never said i liked it....

i said thats how it was done. cheesy indeed.

sillycon smile.gif

get to work paul!

id be down for some 'natural' or 'line grained' ones smile.gif
scotty b
smilie_pokal.gif I'd love to have a set. They would look great around a 904 gauge huh Aaron?? Hint Hint biggrin.gif
spunone
Hint hint not
! I will make some ever since I talked to someone at Sklines Bar-BQ who said he needed some for his very nice Red 914 but hated to spend that kind of money on them .After seeing some in a few Mags I have to agree.As soon as I can get into my garage and get the dims from the gagues I'll see what I can do beer.gif
StratPlayer
I used trim tape, that is what they recommend for Speedo, tach, and fuel, oil, gauge, on the smaller gauges for the center console, you have to remove the ring that is on there and glue the trim ring onto the gauge.
StratPlayer
lkhgdf;gda
spunone
Where do you apply the tape on the edge or inside .I'm new to this stuff so don't laugh screwy.gif
StratPlayer
Just cut yourself off a few small pieces of tape and place down inside the groove of the trim ring, then press the ring over the existing ring and wala its in place and isn't going anywhere. Its great for when you pull the gauges out the ring just comes off easy enough and then you can take out your tach, speedo, etc. Then just put the right back on after your finished doing what you need to do to the gauge. Once there on they don't move they stay in place.
spunone
Very cool where can I source the tape?
StratPlayer
You can get the tape at any FLAPS. Get the trim tape has a great hold to it.
spunone
About how thick is the tape ???
StratPlayer
Maybe 1/8" very plyable.
Aaron Cox
so paul.... you need a beta tester? laugh.gif
spunone
Betta WHAT I know your a poor college student so I'll make an exception in your case.I believe you'll owe me 2 beers soon beerchug.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (spunone @ May 6 2005, 05:53 PM)
Betta WHAT I know your a poor college student so I'll make an exception in your case.I believe you'll owe me 2 beers soon beerchug.gif

lol2.gif smilie_pokal.gif

ill make it a whole six pack smilie_pokal.gif biggrin.gif
spunone
Don't tell me SLITS is gonna loan ya da Money LOL beerchug.gif
Korijo
if they're as good as the filler neck, i'll take a set wink.gif biggrin.gif
bondo
Are you going to be making any of the 911 clock size (smaller than the speedo) for us 5 guage getty dash folks? smile.gif
spunone
Sorry only the 3 guage for now smash.gif
JmuRiz
I'll be in for a set when they are done, raw alumn would be perfect for my car too. Let us know when they are done, and some pics! cool.gif
JmuRiz
icon_bump.gif Any progress on this project?
spunone
Not yet had a few personal projects I need to finish first ie. remodeling entire inside of house wifey wants finished LOL smash.gif
JmuRiz
Ahhh, totally understand, maybe in 2 years you'll be done with the house, haha. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.