Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A little 914 content on Petrolicious
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
horizontally-opposed
My thanks to Bracken Helmes, the most disarming interviewer I've come across. Also, possibly, the most fun.
https://petrolicious.com/articles/000-magaz...ections-therein[code]
Andyrew
This was a great article! Thanks for posting it! I read through the whole thing and really enjoyed it.

Side note,

Bracken is the newsletter editor for Yosemite region PCA. Very nice and approachable dude.

SirAndy
smilie_pokal.gif
Betty
I knew I would always tell people that I thought my car was beautiful and they just would never 'get' it.

You were able to put into words what I have been trying to organize inside my head for a while now. It's the minimalism, the utilitarianism - how what it is supposedly 'missing'; is what defines it just as much as what it isn't missing.

I know this may sound silly... but after doing this slap.gif to myself after reading the article - I actually feel better now. biggrin.gif

I always talk to my car when I drive. On our way home from work today driving-girl.gif we are going to have a great talk. Thank you.. I owe you a beer!
Eric_Shea
Cool shoes cool_shades.gif
Maltese Falcon
Well done Pete ; all we need now is a bumper sticker "Not a Fiat X1-9" For all those folks you meet at the gas station !
Hope to see you in San Pedro, Luft 4.
Marty
falcor75
Thats was the best read I've had in a long time....Thank you.

Go 914 ! smile.gif
Big Len
Terrific read....thanks for posting.
Ferg
Awesome read. Thanks Pete! beerchug.gif
914Sixer
driving.gif I enjoyed it!
GeorgeRud
Was enough to convince me to bite the bullet and subscribe to 000.
beech4rd
Thanks for this. Combined with the 1970 Car Magazine review of the 914-6 posted today, this made for a great evening's reading.
wndsnd
Eloquent.

SKL1
Great read! Saw this on rennlist too. Anxiously awaiting my new issue of 000- supposed to arrive Saturday!
scallyk9
Wonderful article. And his mention of enjoying an eighties Merkur XR4Ti was a plus for me also. Thanks for posting the link.
RickS
Even for a guy who has driven the best of the best, he never forgot his roots and heaps praise on the humble 914. Hats off to Pete.
914-300Hemi
Great article
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Apr 3 2017, 11:57 AM) *

Cool shoes cool_shades.gif

(Re)learning to keep it simple.

Thanks, everyone...

QUOTE(scallyk9 @ Apr 3 2017, 07:31 PM) *

Wonderful article. And his mention of enjoying an eighties Merkur XR4Ti was a plus for me also. Thanks for posting the link.

So how about a pic of that Xerati? Saw a cool blue 1988 or 1989 on 15-inch Cossie wheels on my way to Novato Cars and Coffee last Sunday and honked at him from the GT4 and gave him a big thumbs up. Bet he won't get that one again. smile.gif

Yes, I am still a Merkur nerd, and miss mine.
Mueller
Pete wrote
but when you look down at the speeds and do the math in the R, it is never good math.
, great line!

Great read, almost felt as if there in person listening to you guys talk, extra kudos for mentioning your wife!
Krieger
Thanks for posting. I enjoyed reading!
sb914
Great read!!thanks for posting this .
Ferg
The Merkur gave me a chuckle. Growing up at a Ford dealership it was the forbidden fruit I wanted desperately in High School.

Here was mine, low mile garage queen. Sold because it was an autotragic.

Click to view attachment
11tenths
914 is maximum minimalism.

Thanks for knowing, and for being here, Pete.

-Harry
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(Ferg @ Apr 4 2017, 08:16 AM) *

Here was mine, low mile garage queen. Sold because it was an autotragic.Click to view attachment

Very cool.

Here's the back end of my old 1989 in Stratus Silver...spotted years after I sold it due to a lack of garage space in San Francisco. The engine was a joyless anvil, but the handling and packaging were superb.
StratPlayer
I used to date his mother when I first moved to utah, Her name was jennifer bracken, hence his first name Bracken. Of course he wasn't born yet. Small world. I took him for his first ride on a harley when he was a kid.
Vysoc
Well written article, Pete captures in words what we all think and feel about our cars!!!

Thank you!

Vysoc flag.gif
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Apr 4 2017, 01:17 PM) *

I used to date his mother when I first moved to utah, Her name was jennifer bracken, hence his first name Bracken. Of course he wasn't born yet. Small world. I took him for his first ride on a harley when he was a kid.

Wow, what a crazy small world!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.