Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Air Raid @ Island Dragway
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dcheek
This is the inaugural Spring Car Show, Swap Meet and Drag Racing Event sponsored by the Central Jersey Volkswagen Society. All AIR COOLED Porsches welcome.

Click to view attachment
Big Len
Thanks for the heads up, Dave. If the weather is nice, Linda and I might come. Perfect location for a nice drive.
dcheek
QUOTE(Big Len @ Apr 4 2017, 12:50 PM) *

Thanks for the heads up, Dave. If the weather is nice, Linda and I might come. Perfect location for a nice drive.

Weather is looking very good for Sunday. Hope to see you there.

Dave
dcheek
The weather looks great for Sunday.

SUN APR 9 Sunny 66°47° (high/Low temp) 0% Chance Precipitation WSW 9 mph

Big Len
We're definitely coming.
Big Len
Had a great time at this show. Not only was the weather perfect and the venue cool, but I have to say, no club that I know of are as into their cars as these VW guys. Even though the weather was great, I don't think it would matter, they're coming out no matter what. Always friendly and eager to talk, they're well organized, they bring their families, their dogs, and their genuine enthusiasm, some even taking their far less than perfect Beetles out on the drag strip. So what if it the ET is 24 seconds, they're racing. It makes me proud of the 914 VW lineage.

The other thing that was fascinating was Dave's Malaga Red '76 914, which I finally got to see. I was so blown away that I forgot to take a picture. This freakin' thing is in showroom condition and has to be in the top 10 914's the the country. I hope Dave brings it the Air Cooled Gathering in September. Believe me, it would just be one of many good reasons to attend.
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.