Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OPINIONS
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
What do you think?
McMark
I think everybody's got an asshole.
TravisNeff
I usually get all the help I need, sometimes it can get a little muddy - but with all your help we get it figured out.. drunk.gif
Allan
Just trying to gather enough data points to establish a trend. So far, it is very positive.
mk114
Well I know that everyone has good intension I have learned alot since koining the board if I can get good advice from one person per post it worth posting

My advice to people is free but I can be (and will admit when I am wrong) bad.

PS if I ever come across as an asshole just tell me to Shut the fuck up and piss off Cause I like 914's and I want to be cool like you!!!!
Series9
The answer to any 914 question IS here. It's up to you to find it.
scruz914
For me, this place is an online interactive 914 manual. Sure, sometimes there are a lot of different responses and opinions. I would rather have that then frustratingly staring at a Haynes manual and struggling with a problem. The variety of responses allows for picking and choosing what works for you.

There are a lot of knowledgeable members that participate in the garage and I am surprised at how many of them seem to be on 24 hours a day. 914world.com is unique and addictive.

-Jeff
Jenny
You have both sides of the spectrum here. Ya got the chopstick incident. headbang.gif But you also have the been there done that experience of a lot of members. When I couldn't get the bail handle (thingie) back on the cover after a valve adjustment, I came to the board, bloody knuckles and all. Several suggestions were mentioned by others. The best one (which I'm sure didn't appear in the Haynes manual) was to use a belt to help pull the bail. Worked great!

Take the advice here with a side of common sense. Or do a poll including the five most popular opinions and see which wins. An 'ask the audience,' if you will.

Jen
MattR
Ive never been let down by the club. Granted, Ive never done anything too extreme.

smilie_pokal.gif
Lyressa Roberts
I always pull the Brad-card when I need something...but what I've witnessed in this forum is that if one person or idea cannot help, then there is always another one ready to go.
Mueller
depends on the question and who has asked it....

if someone that has been on the site for ages asks something that has been answered a bunch of times and covered over and over, then they often get some smart alec answers or not what they expect....

honestly I think a few people are too lazy and expect someone to post a 10 page response to a question....such as "how to make fiberglass parts", "how to paint my car"....these are not subjects that can be easily answered with just one or two posts, there is a lot of info out there on the web if you spend 5 minutes looking for it

JoeSharp
Maybe it's cheating but I always hold back for those I care about.
biggrin.gif Joe
balljoint
The advice is free. You get pros and cons on everything, because even if someone is 100% sold on the way to do something, another person has invariably had that way go bad for them. We could all go pay someone at a garage to give us only one point of view, and it might be the one that works perfectly fo you. But then again it might not. If I want an answer I use (start with) the search function. If I want an opinion I start a thread. Works for me. smile.gif
anthony
QUOTE (Headrage @ May 6 2005, 09:53 PM)
Just trying to gather enough data points to establish a trend. So far, it is very positive.

I still think there is too much OT stuff to wade through here but I just try to skip over it.

I usually get the answer I need by doing a search here or over on the Pelican site. Even though the Pelican 914 forum is pretty much dead it's archive is still pretty good. Also, if you are doing something that is common with the 911 then I'll search the Pelican 911 forum. The answers over there are very high quality, very technical, and they have years and years of archives.

I wish the search engine worked better. Half the time I do a search and it comes back with nothing found. Of course, I don't believe the search engine because there is no way something as common as "adjust clutch" was never mentioned in all these zillions of posts. Isn't there a way to get google to index your site for you?

anthony
I tried that but only got two hits. I also tried clutch adjustment and also got a small number of not helpful hits.
vortrex
QUOTE (anthony @ May 7 2005, 07:59 AM)
I still think there is too much OT stuff to wade through here but I just try to skip over it.

that's always been my complaint but I get flamed whenever I mention it because I do not own a 914. there are times when the first page of threads is more than 40% OT. like I've said before, I like learning about 914's and seeing pictures of 914's. I really don't care to see threads about how your baby took its first crap or how many beers you drank this weekend. there should be a separate OT forum so the people who do not live on this forum can check back every few days and not have to wade through pages of junk. overall, still a good site though.
i love porsche
i would just like more feedback on my progress section

it gets lonely working by myself sometimes sad2.gif
Dr. Roger
I always get opinions from people whenever I have a question. Facts are often mixed in with the opinions which is fine.
My last post asking about the best way to route cooling lines brought the greatest responses and ideas. I lost sleep over some of the ideas they were so great.
In a perfect world I'd get what I want all of the time. Right?

Since this is not a perfect world and I am far from perfect, I accept people as they are. And knowing that there are going to be jerks, snobs, nice people, smart people, and even people kinda' like me, I'm cool with all of it.
If i had a stick up my ass and thought people had to act how I like them to act, then I would not be so cool. But I am. =-) HA!
Almost as cool as Mrs. K. happy11.gif aktion035.gif
tracks914
You should have added one more column.
"You get the answer you already knew but didn't want to hear." headbang.gif
Rouser
QUOTE (Mueller @ May 7 2005, 02:30 AM)
depends on the question and who has asked it....

if someone that has been on the site for ages asks something that has been answered a bunch of times and covered over and over, then they often get some smart alec answers or not what they expect....

honestly I think a few people are too lazy and expect someone to post a 10 page response to a question....such as "how to make fiberglass parts", "how to paint my car"....these are not subjects that can be easily answered with just one or two posts, there is a lot of info out there on the web if you spend 5 minutes looking for it

agree.gif
Dr. Roger
QUOTE (tracks914 @ May 7 2005, 05:50 PM)
You should have added one more column.
"You get the answer you already knew but didn't want to hear." headbang.gif

i like that one too. biggrin.gif agree.gif
BIGKAT_83
To many CHOP STIX'S....................

Bob smilie_pokal.gif
redshift
I voted for some kind of imposed answer fascism.

I think people need more... errmm... suppression.

laugh.gif

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.