Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I've been making progress
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
Listen guys, I truly want to thank you all for your gratious help so far....it really means alot to me. Second, I am positive that my problem is on the fuel delivery side and i am 99% sure its either a fuel filter, strainer sock( in tank) or fuel pressure regulator. I'm going backwards, so the regulator is first. What PSI requirements does D-jet need to work, and will a 1.7 regulator work in a 2.0? Hypothetically speaking, what if just hook it up without a regulator, for test purposes??? heard that if fuel delivery is erratic, the points will go south quickly too.

Drink to Peace, Love and 914s beer3.gif (diet coca-cola, my drink of choice)
Bruce Allert
I had my 1.7 PSI at 29 - 30. I'm running my 2.0 at same. A pressure regulator for the 1.7 is the same as 2.0.

Get a good PSI gauge & connect it to the stub sticking out of the middle of the fuel rail. There's a screw in the top of it. Take it out & stuff a hose with a gauge on the end of it on the stub then start the car & see what the PSI is. To adjust the PSI loosen the big nut on the reg and then you can turn the stem. CW gives more PSI CCW gives less.....
BTW, don't hook up fuel w/o a regulator... too much PSI = gas 'splosion=fire=no car headbang.gif
.........b
Mueller
QUOTE (bd1308 @ May 6 2005, 10:40 PM)
Listen guys, I truly want to thank you all for your gratious help so far....it really means alot to me. Second, I am positive that my problem is on the fuel delivery side and i am 99% sure its either a fuel filter, strainer sock( in tank) or fuel pressure regulator. I'm going backwards, so the regulator is first. What PSI requirements does D-jet need to work, and will a 1.7 regulator work in a 2.0? Hypothetically speaking, what if just hook it up without a regulator, for test purposes??? heard that if fuel delivery is erratic, the points will go south quickly too.

Drink to Peace, Love and 914s beer3.gif (diet coca-cola, my drink of choice)

you aren't being a jerk, you are just being lazy and not reading the D-Jet info on Brad Anders website that has been refereanced a million times smile.gif

just make sure you hook up the fuel pressure gage to the correct side of the regulator.....

and yes, the range of operation and the compatibility of D-jet parts in on Anders site...... smash.gif
type47
... and put a FI hose clamp on the hose end attached to the stub...

... and don't reverse/switch the fuel lines (inlet, output)
mihai914
If you bypass the pressure regulator, you should have a very low pressure in the fuel system. It's functions as a restrictor in order to bring the system's pressure at a desired level, it is also a one way check valve so if you have it backwards, your fuel pressure is going to be in the roof. See if you don't have the fuel system loop reversed or the regulator instaled backwards. Regulators rarely fail and are interchangeable so you can use the one that came from the 1.7.

Changing the fuel filter is a good idea, also check for kinks in rubber lines, and see if there is rust or deposits in your gas tank, if there isn't too much I don't think it's worth the hassle to change the screen yet.

Mihai
bd1308
I printed out the Brad Anders site and looked down the list for problems. I have a guage but the PO hooked the 914 fuel system up wrong and I no longer have a check/test port for my guage to hook into.
bd1308
unsure.gif that's my 4 year old brother's favorite face on here...."m o" that's what he typed.... he said this face was my face wub.gif LOL little kids are cool, well kinda...he makes me laugh
mihai914
I think you should take a break, seems the gasoline fumes are having an effect screwy.gif
bd1308
yeah maybe....if not gas then carb cleaner.....
redshift
Take a breath... now hold it.... keep holding.... holding... holding..

Count to 1 million.

M
bd1308
dude my lungs are hurting....just keep holding my breath?
redshift
MmmmHmmm..

Mmm
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.