Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Limo project is up for grabs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
rick 918-S
I have had some serious changes in my life in the last two years. I have to pass the limo on to the next guy that has the passion to do something with it. I put off this decision as long as I could. Because of that I can only post this for a week maybe two if there is serious interest. After that I have to cut it up. Some of the parts will go to Sir Andy's 6 if that is the cars destiny. What ever is left with go to whom ever shows interest for the cost of shipping. Maybe I can dig out the old build thread and post it here.
carr914
how far did it get?
Rand
The thread
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=102807
SirAndy
QUOTE(carr914 @ Apr 4 2017, 08:12 PM) *

how far did it get?

It's a roller with brakes and electrical working. We have a /6 engine and a sideshift transmission for it as well as interior parts and assorted boxes of little things.

The plan was to make it a cable shifter because of the length a rod probably won't work.
There's also still some rust repair needed for the hell hole.

Someone with a welder and some skills could get this running quickly though ...

IPB Image
ChrisFoley
I can take it, but I have no resources to transport to CT.
AZBanks
Where is it located currently? MN or CA?
mepstein
I'm taking one of my cars out to Ohio this summer and coming back to Delaware with an empty trailer.

* just to be clear, I'm talking about transportation, not taking over the project.
bretth
Damn that would be fun if I had the extra garage space.
tygaboy
Rick,
Please! No cutting it up! If Mr. Foley is unable to take it over, I'd like to toss my name in the hat.
How long is it? I'd need to get it transported (back) to CA.
Thanks,
Chris
914time
We hope all is well, Rick!
hot_shoe914
I don't have the spare funds at the moment but I do have over a month off of work, a trailer, a truck and the shop space for the project. In fact, if you guys can raise the money for fuel, I'd be willing to transport it out to Foley's place.

Shoe
beerchug.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Apr 5 2017, 06:04 PM) *

I don't have the spare funds at the moment but I do have over a month off of work, a trailer, a truck and the shop space for the project. In fact, if you guys can raise the money for fuel, I'd be willing to transport it out to Foley's place.

Shoe
beerchug.gif

smilie_pokal.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Apr 5 2017, 08:04 PM) *

Shoe
beerchug.gif

Someone start a paypal or go fund me or something. I'll kick in to get it to Chris. There is no way I want to cut up the car. Shoe, If your really willing to do it. When is your time off? How soon do we need to raise the cash and how much?
rick 918-S
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 5 2017, 08:47 PM) *

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Apr 5 2017, 08:04 PM) *

Shoe
beerchug.gif

Someone start a paypal or go fund me or something. I'll kick in to get it to Chris. There is no way I want to cut up the car. Shoe, If your really willing to do it. When is your time off? How soon do we need to raise the cash and how much?

I have been out since last night. Thank you all for the pm's. Everything is fine.
ChrisFoley
I'm working hard on a plan to do this next weekend.
Rick, would it fit your schedule if I arrived around mid-day next Friday?
ChrisFoley
What ownership documents are there, if any?
dudzy's914
Yes Chris!!!!! cheer.gif In your shops hands this is going to be great! Might have to visit
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Apr 6 2017, 08:53 AM) *

I'm working hard on a plan to do this next weekend.
Rick, would it fit your schedule if I arrived around mid-day next Friday?

Yep, sent you a pm
SirAndy
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Apr 6 2017, 06:55 AM) *
What ownership documents are there, if any?

PM sent ...
bye1.gif
914time
Post when you might be driving back through the Twin Cities with it...would love to snap a pic of it!
ppickerell
Since tha back half used to be mine I would help on a gofundme sawzall-smiley.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(914time @ Apr 7 2017, 04:03 PM) *

Post when you might be driving back through the Twin Cities with it...would love to snap a pic of it!

Our route is thru Superior Wisconsin so we won't be that far west.
I'd love to dally but we're doing this on a tight schedule.
worn
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Apr 8 2017, 07:45 AM) *

QUOTE(914time @ Apr 7 2017, 04:03 PM) *

Our route is thru Superior Wisconsin so we won't be that far west.
I'd love to dally but we're doing this on a tight schedule.

Madison is on your way south if you need any help.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.