Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What tires are accepted on Rivieras?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DrifterJay
curious, whats the biggest you could go with a set of rivieras? and what size would they be?
Jared
markb
Hi Jared, the 205x50x15's on my rivs scraped, even after rollling the fenders. I wouldn't go any wider than 195s. However, each car is a little different, so 205s might work on yours. YMMV, Mark
Aaron Cox
hey, hold on a couple of weeks and ill have 2 complete sets (10 total) fuchs alloys...interesed?
DrifterJay
Aaron can you wait two months???? I will definately be interested then for 5 of dem??? Will pay good money if they are decent.
Jared
Lawrence
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there a couple different widths and offsets on the Riv's? I remember reading that on the Rennlist a while back. Some are more 914-friendly than others.

-Rusty smoke.gif
Aaron Cox
2weeks, 2 months confused24.gif sure.

i have em on my car, and a parts car.......want to do five lug conversion so bad mad.gif
nebreitling
the PO of my car had 205/50's on Riv's. the fender lips were rolled and there was no rubbing at all. HOWEVER, 205 is too wide a tire for these wheels -- your sidewalls will be too cupped. this is both a little dangerous and can actually adversely affect performance. so i'd stick with 195's were i you.

i run 195/50's. the extra torque is nice, but if you do any highway driving i'd go for 195/55 or 195/60's -- keep the RPM's at a reasonable rate while at speed. have fun!
GWN7
If I remember correctly, there are 3 or 4 different types of Riv's (Can't find the wheel post that has the pics).

i have 195/60's on the 72 and they work ok
Aaron Cox
arent there 'bug' and '914' offsets? only 2 different ones right?
GWN7
There was a previous post...something like "need wheel pictures" that discussed this. I think it said there was about 3 or 4 different Riv's that have been identified and each has a different offset. I looked for the post, but couldn't find it to check the info.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.