Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Michelin lets the air out
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MecGen
Hi People
Thought if you havent seen this, I would post a pic. Its a great conversation piece between buds and suds. I had heard stories that this was coming a long time ago but was put on hold for economical reasons confused24.gif
Seems there is a market now.
I have heard 2 versions. Replacement with mag style tire changer/bolt on off way thingee = complicated = economical reasons ??? Second, strait ass exchange program. The NAPA Rep has mentioned that Napa and Michelin are already talking distributorship. You need tires, I take them off and call Napa for replacement. I think this method solved the economical issues bootyshake.gif
But imagine the posibilities/choices aktion035.gif
Later
Joe

kenporacer
saw this a few years ago sounded good on paper
E
riverman
I've seen some articles on those tires and I've wondered why someone didn't come out with something like that a long time ago. It seems they have a hard time keeping the road noise and wind howl down, so any production version will probably still have a solid sidewall and will look, more or less, like a normal tire. Still, they would make for a very sharp handling tire because there would be virtually no sidewall buckle under hard cornering.
Brando
Why do I have this image in my head of some 914-6 owner with those dropping the clutch in 1st, the twheels coiling up and it springing up and forward about 10 feet like it was on a catapault?
MecGen
Hey
I thought about a 400hp burn and tearing the centers off
ar15.gif
They better have this worked out
Later
Joe

beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.