Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: why bronze pedal bushings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
9146R
What are the advantages ? I read many here putting this upgrade on their top ten list. Curious to know what I am missing in not having bronze pedal bushings ? Thanks ! blink.gif
machina
they are probably not any better than brand new plastic bushings but they will last longer.

before my last race my throttle was sticking so I took a look at the pedal linkage and the plastic bushing had come apart totally. I was able to get a new bronze bushing in (that I had already) without taking everything apart.
SirAndy
QUOTE (synthesisdv @ May 7 2005, 07:07 AM)
they are probably not any better than brand new plastic bushings but they will last longer.

agree.gif the advantage is that they are new and yours are probably completely worn out.
the difference is very *feelable* ....

cool.gif Andy
Eric_Shea
I'd jump on that bandwagon. They won't crack and crumble to pieces and or bind up your pedal assembly. I've had core assemblies come in with bronze bushings and there was very little wear. I see no disadvantages to bronze but I do with nylon (over time).

Replace them "when" you need to.

Visual proof of nylon bushing problems...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.