Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Script/Emblem Placement?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mwyatt
Hi folks. I recently had my rear panel painted after removing the PO's Porsche reflector. I'd like to install the "914" script, but the holes for the pegs are long gone. I'll affix the emblem with double sided tape, but I need to know where it goes. I searched the threads on the site and I've seen measurements for "914-6" and "914 2.0", but not for the plain ol "914" as used on 1.7s from 70-72. From pictures it looks like it starts just right of center, but I'd like to get it right. Does anyone have dimensions?

Thanks! - Mike
Click to view attachment
Coondog
Just my 2 cents but it looks better without......
michael7810
On my '72; the left edge is at 7-1/2" right of center (center being the middle of the lock cylinder) and the right edge is 3-3/8" left of the tail light gasket.
Michael N
'Click to view attachment
Tom_T
QUOTE(mwyatt @ Apr 6 2017, 08:42 PM) *

I searched the threads on the site and I've seen measurements for "914-6" and "914 2.0", but not for the plain ol "914" as used on 1.7s from 70-72.

Mike, the 914 stayed in the same place with & without the engine displacement badge, so you can use the 914 2.0 &/or the left side of the 914-6 measurements to place yours.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
SchwarzHorse
I'd be surprised if you couldn't find the remains of the original emblem peg holes by looking from within the trunk.
mwyatt
Thank you michael7810! And everyone else who replied.
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.