Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: /6 distributor curve question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tornik550
I have a /6 2.7l with E cams. Should I base my distributor curve on the cams that I am using or the displacement? If you had my setup- would you go with a 2.2e distributor or a 2.7s distributor?
GeorgeRud
Does the 2.2 distributor fit in the 2.7 case? I thought they were different sizes.
tornik550
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Apr 7 2017, 05:34 PM) *

Does the 2.2 distributor fit in the 2.7 case? I thought they were different sizes.

The 2.2 doesn't fit the 2.7 case. I actually have a programmable distributor and I was just going to input the specs.
GeorgeRud
On my 2.7 with an HPV-1 Clewitt ignition, we ended up with 8 degrees initial advance with an additional 25 degrees added at 3000 RPM, then no additional advance at 6000. I'm running RS pistons with S cams and Webers.
tornik550
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Apr 7 2017, 05:59 PM) *

On my 2.7 with an HPV-1 Clewitt ignition, we ended up with 8 degrees initial advance with an additional 25 degrees added at 3000 RPM, then no additional advance at 6000. I'm running RS pistons with S cams and Webers.

This may sound silly however was there any sort of a curve or was the advance 8 at all rpm til 3000 and all rpm above 3000 was 25?
gereed75
Tornik There are a bunch of curves on line like these below.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911...-2-4-mfi-t.html

Remember the rpm curves are based on distributor rpm - half the engine rpm.

mb911
I am pretty sure the 2.7 and down distributor Are interchangeable as far as fit.. That said the curves are all different..
GeorgeRud
The 25 degrees are added linearly to the initial 8 degrees. The HPV-1 does not have near the capabilities of more modern ignition systems, but has been reliable and simple.
porschetub
Not sure so don't know what year was the reverse rotation dizzy 2.7 or later ?.
I have 2.4 MFI dizzy and have removed the vacuum retard can lock out the retard on the advance and run it as a a pure mechanical advance ,yet to fit so don't know should work,easier to get parts for than the Marreli besides.

porschetub
QUOTE(tornik550 @ Apr 8 2017, 09:37 AM) *

QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Apr 7 2017, 05:34 PM) *

The 2.2 doesn't fit the 2.7 case. I actually have a programmable distributor and I was just going to input the specs.

Sorry failed to read your reply ,would you have said they needed machining down and changing the gear ?...just don't remember what I read a while back on this.
mb911
QUOTE(porschetub @ Apr 8 2017, 10:43 PM) *

Not sure so don't know what year was the reverse rotation dizzy 2.7 or later ?.
I have 2.4 MFI dizzy and have removed the vacuum retard can lock out the retard on the advance and run it as a a pure mechanical advance ,yet to fit so don't know should work,easier to get parts for than the Marreli besides.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.