Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Emergency Brake Light
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RangerRhett
All,

Just got the car off jackstands and fired 'er up. Now my e-brake light is flashing even when the brake is dis-engaged.

Where is the relay/switch for that light? Anyone have any ideas? I have been poking around but not found anything.
mihai914
The switch is on the master cylinder, remove the boot to the wire and you will see it, small plastic pin, push in and have fun.

Mihai
SirAndy
QUOTE (mihai914 @ May 7 2005, 08:09 AM)
The switch is on the master cylinder, remove the boot to the wire and you will see it, small plastic pin, push in and have fun.

agree.gif master cylinder reset switch ...

wink.gif Andy
RangerRhett
Sweet....

I was in there 'screwing around' yesterday...I may have bumped it!!!

Damn...back in the air she goes...!!!!!

mihai914
You probably unhooked the wire by inadvertance.
RangerRhett
Probably... headbang.gif
McMark
Why is it that every time this comes up I have to be the one that says that not all master cylinder switches have the reset button.

I believe it's only the 1 wire ones that have the reset. The two wire ones do not.
john rogers
True, there are some with NO reset switch. My race car is like that and I finally disconnected the wiring for the flashing light circuit since I don't really need a light to tell me the brakes are not working......
john rogers
True, there are some with NO reset switch. My race car is like that and I finally disconnected the wiring for the flashing light circuit since I don't really need a light to tell me the brakes are not working......
pete-stevers
thanks mine was flashing too dry.gif .....I was to lazy to ask wacko.gif ....glad you asked for me.... biggrin.gif
mihai914
So what has to be done with the early type two wire switch?
redshift
If it's flashing twice, that's an error code for the headlight washers.

M
mihai914
QUOTE (redshift @ May 7 2005, 05:32 PM)
If it's flashing twice, that's an error code for the headlight washers.

M

Is it two long or short flashes because the later one is for the airbags?
Pugbug
Is the e-brake handle going all the way down and making contact with the switch under it? If so maybe that switch is hooped. idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.