https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/6053274854.html
Dominic
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Apr 7 2017, 12:44 PM) *

"914's prices have doubled in the last year"

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/6053274854.html

What...914 prices have doubled in the past year?? beerchug.gif

Na, just fake news from the Alt 914 news network...aka Craigslist biggrin.gif
bretth
That's right up there with 'rust free 914'.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(bretth @ Apr 8 2017, 08:30 AM) *

That's right up there with 'rust free 914'.

But is that technically a lie? confused24.gif
After all it is free... laugh.gif
Andyrew
Fake news aside...

2k for that roller is solid. I remember when he was trying to sell it for 10k with all the parts what, 3 years ago?

That would be a great start for any project, especially if it got shipped to the rust belt.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Apr 8 2017, 07:42 AM) *

Fake news aside...

2k for that roller is solid. I remember when he was trying to sell it for 10k with all the parts what, 3 years ago?

That would be a great start for any project, especially if it got shipped to the rust belt.

I agree except for the registration. Since it's not in his name yet... That can be an issue of hoops to jump through to get it sorted out. If it's not on "non op" then there will be years of fines to pay as well.
JustinMeier
The Nor Cal weed has skewed his recollection of facts.
mepstein
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Apr 8 2017, 11:12 AM) *

Fake news aside...

I agree except for the registration. Since it's not in his name yet... That can be an issue of hoops to jump through to get it sorted out. If it's not on "non op" then there will be years of fines to pay as well.

I still don't get why someone has to pay a fine for "non op". Is that just a California thing or does it exist in other states as well?
tomh
Awesome, i guess that makes mine worth 30,000
I got equity now......
Jonathan Livesay
It's still not a '74. dry.gif
Montreal914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 8 2017, 08:29 AM) *

Fake news aside...

I still don't get why someone has to pay a fine for "non op". Is that just a California thing or does it exist in other states as well?

My second 914 (project car) has a clean title on my name and is non-op (California). Are you saying that once I'm done and ready to put it back on the road I will have to pay a fee based on the number of years it was non-op? headbang.gif
JeffBowlsby
Putting a car on Non-Op with DMV, just puts the registration on hold. No registration fees are due or accumulate while the car is on Non-Op.

Registration fees do accumulate if the car is NOT on Non-op, if the car is off the road. That's why its a good thing to put a car on Non-op if its not on the road, so the fees do not accumulate.

Feel free to add other stupid or exaggerated claims made by sellers to this thread, we see them all the time.
mgphoto
QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Apr 8 2017, 09:47 AM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 8 2017, 08:29 AM) *

Fake news aside...

My second 914 (project car) has a clean title on my name and is non-op (California). Are you saying that once I'm done and ready to put it back on the road I will have to pay a fee based on the number of years it was non-op? headbang.gif

No
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.