Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: moving to mass.....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scottb
have taken a new job in the springfield mass area. should be hitting town in about 4-6 weeks once the house seels (anyone need a nice 2880 ft2 colonial outside of dc?). pray.gif

so looking for any teeners and their owners in the area.... i brew beer!!!!!! beer.gif

scott
Part Pricer
Scott-

This picture was taken in Springfield in October. There are a few 914s in the area. I moved from Maryland to Connecticut in '96. IMO, this is a much better part of the country to live. Welcome to New England!
scottb
THIS ROCKS!!!!! clap56.gif boldblue.gif clap56.gif boldblue.gif

will look you up paul once i get settled. need to find a home for the wife, kids and car! oh, and i need to present at the office. look forward to meeting everyone.

cheers!

scott
mskala
Scott,
I'm also in mass but like 2 hours from springfield. 2 PCA regions have autocrosses
in Ayer, come out and increase the 914 numbers if it's not too far. Welcome to
Dunkin-Donuts-land.
Mark S.
'70 914-6
ss6
Scott, you'll also be less than 2 hrs from Lime Rock. PCA's Connecticut Valley Region (CVR) (who by the way was last year's fastest growing region) has it's first DE of the season at Lime Rock on Mar 14&15 (assuming the track is thawed out). Also may be the new site of CVR's AX's, though they're probably still looking. That's right about the time you get here, so if you're not unpacking, come on over!
scottb
hey mark, what is it with dunkin donuts up there? when i was in town for my interview, they drove me around to get a view of the communities and the guy who is my new boss kept pointing out dunkin donuts and says he has 2 on his route to work. i thought it was just his own perculiarity but i guess they are i local icon to everyone?

ss6, i will try and get over if i am near to being settled for the de. wife would have my nuts if i left her with two screaming kids and a thousand unpacked boxes. smash.gif

thanks all......
mskala
QUOTE(scottb @ Feb 3 2003, 07:36 AM)
hey mark, what is it with dunkin donuts up there?

I don't know, I think their coffee may be a bit 'too Columbian' if you get my drift laugh.gif
ss6
Dunkin' Donuts, Starbucks, etc - it's all the type A personalities in this part of the country. Wait till you spot the SUV'ers with cell phone in one hand, coffee in the other doing 85+ on the Mass Pike ar15.gif
scottb
wait... my other vehicle is a big ol' 1995 full size bronco. and i have a cell phone, and i drink coffee but i don't go anywhere near 85. too damn many little cars in front of me!!!!! ar15.gif

Maybe i need to switch to decaf???? huh.gif
ejm
Hi Scott

Welcome to Western Massachusetts. I moved here 25+ years ago and work minutes from downtown Springfield. Your 914 will enjoy few traffic hassles on the highways, plenty of twisty back roads and no smog inspections.

Let me know if I can help with any local questions.
I don't know much about the Dunkin Donuts mystique but there is a new Hooters in town. clap56.gif
djm914-6
Cell phones and D&D coffee? My 914 doesn't have any cup holders and my seats are too tight for the between the legs thing, so Coffee is out. I can't even hear myself think in my car never mind talk on the phone, so that's a non issue too.

Driving 85 on the Mass Pike... Are you nuts! If you want to do 85 on the pike, you better stay in the slow lane and put your hazzards on. I've done over 90 on that road durring my commute to Framingham and have been PASSED!.

Scott, Welcome to Mass, the land of the crazies.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.