Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DPD A/C Install Guide?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dagdal1967
Hey..

Well, I've managed to track down a full DPD kit with all the bells and whistles, but am missing the full factory installation guide.

It is doubtful that I'm going to be installing this all by my self, and I don't know the first thing about A/C systems, so I really want to be able to read up on the install prior to either 1) asking for help or 2) Handing it over to someone to do for/with me.

I remember reading somewhere that there are PDF versions of the installation guide floating about somewhere? Is this true?

Does anyone have one that they would share/sell/lend/copy?

Thanks in advance!!!

Doug
Kerrys914
If someone doesn't have the PDF version I have an old but somewhat usable copy o fthe installation manual.

I'll copy it and send it to you if no .PDF shows up.

If you have any Q's on the DPD A/C system or any A/C q's in general please ask.

I will be installing A/C after the summer smile.gif and have some mods to the dealer installation I can share with you.

I am almost through with the parts list for my install.

If you can swing it get a sanden compressor, it beats the York hands down..

Cheers
Kerry
MarkV
I have the .pdf install manual for both types. I can send them to you tomorrow from the office. They are kinda big and I am on dial-up @ home. bootyshake.gif
JeffBowlsby
Me too please Mark?

bowlsby@aol.com
MarkV
We should put them on the 914.com download site. The DPD file is 704k & the VPC file is 3.03mb. I will send them. boldblue.gif
Lawrence
Mark,

Please contact me off-list. I can get them put up on the downloads page.

-Rusty smoke.gif
dagdal1967
I'll go with Lawrence on this one.. It would be great to have them available on the download site. That way anyone can get them and we can have them for reference whereve we need them.

Kerry, Thanks... I'll contact you when I get ready to start installing and I'll hope to learn from your head start on me.

Doug
MarkV
Thanks to Rusty they are now available for download. pirate.gif

A/C Installation Manuals
Kerrys914
Yep..that's the same copy I have.

The sketches are not usefull but the text helps alot. I can send some photo's of my installation and of the misc. A/C related photo's I have.

Who do I send them to to get them put on the site, Lawrence?

I'll attempt to orginize what I have to "zip-up" and send. mueba.gif
MarkV
Kerry, The DPD is the same as the lousy hard copy I sent to you.

Take a look at the VPC Manual, it has lots of clear photos & is a very good resource.
maf914
Rusty, Lawrence, Kerry, Mark,

Thanks to all for getting the manuals posted. These are a help to anyone trying to get a system planned and installed. beerchug.gif

Man, the DPD is a sorry manual. No wonder so many dealer installations were hack jobs. barf.gif

Mike
Uncle Richy
Good work fellas. I have A/C too.

How do I know which one I have, DPD or APC?

TIA
Kerrys914
To tell the difference.. IIRC wink.gif

The easiest way is to look at the interior unit. If the fan is somewhat centered on the unit it is the DPD. If the fan is more on the passanger side you have the VPC.

Some guys are mix-matching parts, taking the best features from each type.

The condenser cover on the DPD is a big cone shaped piece that supports the spare tire up front. The VPC has a flat condenser housing with a support bar for teh spare.

Cheers beer.gif
I have the DPD system on the floor of my shed, just need time.
Kerry
dagdal1967
Thanks for getting this up there.. It will make things much easier!

Once again proving that this group is really helpful and friendly!

Thanks to all!

Doug
rhodyguy
it's going to be COOL! get it? wink.gif

kevin
kevinseven
Has anyone installed a modern system in their 914? I found lots of interesting hot rod kits at a place called http://www.vintageair.com . Looks like you can get everything new except the compressor bracket/pulley of course. I called them and they had no experience with Porsches or even Bugs which kind of surprised me. You'd think with all the Bug people out there, somebody would have done this. Anyway, they said things were pretty universial and the kits were nice and complete but hat they would need to know how long to cut the hoses.
Aaron Cox
well, they dont have a 914 specific kit, but they have a 'universal'Universal AC setup
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.