Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 72 1.7 djet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
echocanyons
Could someone please describe the intake manifold connections on the 72 1.7 D-jet?

Pictures without the filter housing would be nice too.

I am particularly interested in the 3 connections on the passenger side of the the mainfold and there routing.

I have a huge vacuum leak because I cannot find the connection for one line.

The vacuum diagrams on pelican are not the same as mine.

LukeD
Don't know how much help these will be(bad lighting) But here they are.

Luke
LukeD
LukeD
LukeD
Where does the one line come out of? Off that "T" thing?

Damn, I should just drive out there headbang.gif Damn mothers day weekend. As you can see I am just sitting here on the computer while my wife is out shopping. Kids are watching TV headbang.gif

Sorry Kelly headbang.gif

Luke
Bleyseng
You mean the AAR valve hookup? Thats kinda the bitch to fit in....
echocanyons
No problem Luke thanks for the pictures, I got it started and bypassed the cold start injcector and that resolved my smoking porblems, I think it was stuck on full open.

On the passenger side of the intake manifold I have one line going to the decel valve, one going to the MPS and one loose.
mihai914
Try This diagram
echocanyons
Thanks but that diagram show only one line off of the passenger side of the manifold mine has three
echocanyons
here is a picture
echocanyons
Two is hooked up to the MPS and three is hooked up to the decel valve or whatever the arrow is pointing to in this picture
Bleyseng
#1 connects to the PCV valve on the oil breather.
#2 goes to the decel
#3 MPS
echocanyons
Thanks Geoff!
echocanyons
Geoff, I got the oil breather that was my loose vacuum

but when I switch the two and three around it wont start at all.

Are you sure #2 should go to the decel and #3 should go to the MPS?
echocanyons
icon_bump.gif

Could you re-verify the hose order
LukeD
The #2 goes to the MPS on my car. I don't have number 3 cause I have no decel valve.

Luke
echocanyons
Since the decel valve is US only equipment (and not even standard on all US years) could/should I delete it?

Why was it not on the euro motors?
Bleyseng
They should all be open ports so all that matters is the correct hose size to each so you have a good seal. The other issue is do you have the correct and good PCV valve on the oil breather?

It should start but maybe with a high idle if you have a leak somewhere.
Bleyseng
This one is missing the PCV Valve.
Bleyseng
PCV
echocanyons
The PVC valve appears to be stock and has case to plenum flow and not much plenum to case flow ( lotta suck but not much blow unsure.gif )

This picture shows incorrect placement of a tee line on the PCV valve but I have this tee.

I took this tee of the pcv valve line on the plenum side because I could not find a place for the smaller end. any idea where it goes?

echocanyons
So after refering to this thread
delete the decel valve thread
the decel valve is getting shitcanned

Let see if I can at least simplify my problem with less parts happy11.gif
Bleyseng
The top fitting goes to the decel valve! haha you just have to many fittings. Yeah, delete the decel valve and plug all the ports to simplify the hose connections. Just hook up the PCV and the MPS.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.