Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT: We could all use a little garage space right?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ConeDodger
Just went in to escrow yesterday. 3200sf 6 bedroom house with an attached 2 car garage, bordering a few million acres of BLM land on .88 acres.

Oh, and this. About a 1500sf insulated barn! evilgrin.gif
timothy_nd28
Black lives matter land? confused24.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(timothy_nd28 @ Apr 9 2017, 08:55 PM) *

Black lives matter land? confused24.gif

Huh? blink.gif
Rand
BLM... sigh, not funny.

Congrats Rob, what a great place!
burton73

Hope you close on the deal. Nice to have all the space and no one near you in the back yard makes you the king.

Congratulations.

Bob B
r_towle
Bureau of land management
infraredcalvin
Jealous!!! Congrats!
PanelBilly
So nice. House photo?
Elliot Cannon
Is that a dirt driveway? av-943.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 10 2017, 12:42 AM) *

Is that a dirt driveway? av-943.gif

PO never completed it. That's first...
Cairo94507
Absolutely amazing! I am seriously jealous. How many 914's and 911's could one fit in a garage that big? beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
DRPHIL914
looks like it was built for a 40ft motorhome, so high ceilings etc you can put a triple decker lift in there or maybe a apartment loft? lots of options!!
any hunting allowed on the BLM land?(other than the horses the BLM is now allowing to be hunted? dry.gif )
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Apr 10 2017, 09:07 AM) *

Absolutely amazing! I am seriously jealous. How many 914's and 911's could one fit in a garage that big? beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif

Depends how much work space you need want, my shop is a bit bigger and for me 3-4 is the max, but I imagine you can double that number easy if just for storage and honey do projects or putting cars outside when you need to work. Sardine can bare garage I'd say close to 12 cars.

When are you getting a lift? That would be first on my list. smile.gif

Is that a 16' ceiling? or is it higher? That's a fuching big door, so I agree must have been made for an RV.
JmuRiz
Scale is a funny thing isn't it?
Looks like a normal single car garage until you notice the man-door is soooo tiny.
Mikey914
Remember a lift will allow you to stack. so 6-8????
ConeDodger
20' ceiling.

He intended a loft. I can fit many cars in there. I'm not exaggerating. I can pull my Crew Max Tundra in and turn it around.

I just don't want to give Whitesell any coordinates. He dumps "blue ice" on my rooftop! sad.gif
jkb944t
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Apr 10 2017, 05:36 AM) *

Scale is a funny thing isn't it?
Looks like a normal single car garage until you notice the man-door is soooo tiny.

agree.gif I went back and looked again and wow that is deceiving!

Congratulations!
TM_Corey
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 9 2017, 05:45 PM) *

Just went in to escrow yesterday. 3200sf 6 bedroom house with an attached 2 car garage, bordering a few million acres of BLM land on .88 acres.

I would love to see the lay out of the garage. I am building in about a year and have been designing my "perfect" garage.
Mark Henry
20' blink.gif

If you could find a 4 post tall enough put a steel deck in and you can park a couple cars in the loft.
Or install a 2nd story man cave, big screen, washroom, bed..... sure would beat the doghouse. biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(TM_Corey @ Apr 10 2017, 01:50 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 9 2017, 05:45 PM) *

I would love to see the lay out of the garage. I am building in about a year and have been designing my "perfect" garage.

There is no layout really, it's just a big space. PO built it and then I think something happened to his marriage. He's got stuff in there, including the cab of a late '40's early '50's Chevrolet pickup on a small trailer. Right now it's just a big rectangle...
Mark Henry
If you have the coin I'd finish the interior with lightest gauge steel sheet roofing painted white. That would make it bright, clean and fireproof.

Now's the time before you get all your junk in there.
ConeDodger
That's a good idea. I've been pondering if I could paint the p/board but that is a possibility too...
McMark
Titanium is lighter and just as fireproof as steel.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 10 2017, 01:41 PM) *

That's a good idea. I've been pondering if I could paint the p/board but that is a possibility too...

If the chipboard is not waxed you can paint it, but it's a big job, 3 coats minimum and it still looks like crap. Experience, my 2 car garage is done that way, I wouldn't do it again. Plus side is it's cheaper.

My shop is done in above ground pool steel siding, totally maintenance free and I don't worry about welding in the shop. I got it super cheap (2nd's), but it was floppy, a PITA to install and grey colour (wish it was white).

If I was to do it over I'd go with the roofing, so clean and easy to install. You'd have to put a seam in the ceiling, but you can get 20 footers for the walls.
Andyrew
Man that space is HUGE!

I didnt realize it was so tall from the Arial photo!

I say you build a loft area smile.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 10 2017, 02:55 PM) *

For those who aren't familiar with it, that was a demeaning look! blink.gif
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 10 2017, 10:55 AM) *

^ I approve of this thinking.

Seriously, congrats Rob!!
mbseto
Actually, titanium fires are class D fires, like magnesium fires.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.