Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New to forum and 914!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
FMH 914
Hi everyone, I've purchased my first 914!
I'm 22 and not new to Porsche. I daily a 86 944, just sold my 996 last week and grew up with a 924.
I sold my 911 and bought my 73 914 1.7 on Friday.
The car isn't running, and has the usual rust places in the trunks, but over all is solid. I've loved these cars since I was a kid and finally it's my time to build one.
Thank you in advance on any help I'll be asking for. Click to view attachment
Shadowfax
welcome.png
Rusty
Welcome! smile.gif
sb914
welcome.png
TM_Corey
welcome.png

Good luck with the build!
Cairo94507
welcome.png Great start. You have some P-car history so I am sure you will approach this 914 in a realistic fashion. Do your homework, come up with a strategy/plan and work it with patience and perseverance. Good luck and beerchug.gif
76-914
welcome.png Don't forget to post your vin # here.
Mikey914
welcome.png
Hopefully one of the places that does not have any real rust damage is the Hell hole. Survey that damage 1st. If it's minimal you will have a good platform to move forward. Unfortunately, it is the main issue with these cars. Hopefully you have a good one. Form there get the mechanical figured out. Don't worry about making it pretty until you have it sorted out or at least a plan. Having owned a "classic" Porsche before you probably can turn a wrench, this skill will come in very handy!

Let the fun begin.
FMH 914
Thank you to everyone.
Yes, unfortunately the he'll hole is alive and well.
My plan of attack is hell hole, trunk pans, then mechanical.
Motor is actually a 71 according to #, but is free and has compression so there is hope there... It "Ran when parked"..... 12 years ago haha
krazykonrad
welcome.png

There is rarely a question that someone here can't answer.

Konrad
Mikey914
The motor will probably be just fine. Just make sure to check for rats nests in the cooling sections.
Big Len
welcome.png
TheCabinetmaker
welcome.png and thanks for that great introduction.
Tom_T
welcome.png

Hmmmm .... now where have I seen that "Pavement Cammo" color & those Riviera wheels before? idea.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
IronHillRestorations
Welcome to the club!
mbseto
I'm fascinated by the patina. Was it originally black? It's got a sort of bare steel color to it now, I kind of like it.
Mikey914
Very rare dark nickel paint biggrin.gif
FMH 914
She was originally silver. This color it's sporting now appears to be a very old repaint
campbellcj
Congrats and welcome.png You've come to the right place, virtually speaking!
whitetwinturbo
grouphug.gif grouphug.gif grouphug.gif
rick 918-S
welcome.png welder.gif sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif assimilate.gif
Cracker
Welcome to a fellow Southeasterner!

Tony
papajohn123
Welcome to the forums, mate! Hope you'll have a great stay here. I'm new too, and I'm so excited to be here. It's great to see other enthusiasts around!
iankarr
welcome.png

And welcome to the addiction. Don't say we didn't warn you wink.gif
Minerva's 914
welcome.png

Hi! My name's Brady. Clean and haven't spent money on my 914 in 14 hours.

Okay, I bought an additional set of Hella Euro front lenses, but that was just preventive, you know what I mean.

unsure.gif
green914
welcome.png
PanelBilly
Woo hoo. Another one goes up on jackstands.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.