Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Center console clock and voltage gauge repair
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rjames
Clock:
I think I fried my center console clock when both the + and - wires made contact on the negative terminal of the clock. I took it apart hoping to find the built-in 'fuse' had blown, but it didn't. It's an early model. Has anyone rebuilt/repaired one successfully, or have a recommendation of someone that does repairs? Or would I better off just placing a WTB ad in the classifieds?

Voltage gauge:
Center console voltage gauge always reads 0, although the needle tries to move to the left of 0 when I turn the lights on. It's almost as if it needs to be calibrated. Is there an internal calibration mechanism? I didn't want to take a chance in trying to pry the metal bezel off if there wasn't. Alternatively, does anyone repair these?
halmil
I used Palo Alto Speedometer to convert my clock to a quartz movement. Works great. They are very well-known for instrument repairs
914Sixer
No adjustments on voltage gauge that I know of. Clock repairs are in the $150 range. Probably want to post ad.
9fourteen14
what goes wrong with the clocks?

mine is NOT working either but......

so what happens to them?

how can I get mine working?

thanx
Coondog
Here you go

http://www.p914.com/p914_gauges_clock.htm
GregAmy
You sure you didn't just pop the car's fuse? Connecting both + and - to the negative terminal would just send power to ground through the - wire, not through the clock, and pop the car's fuse.

Check The Simple Stuff First.
Dave_Darling
If the voltmeter is trying to go the other direction when the car is on, you may have the power and ground wires swapped.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.