Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1974 Ravenna green vs Delphi green metallic
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
beto
How would you describe the difference. Which do you prefer?
iankarr
Hmmm. Ravenna is radioactive bright. Delphi is more subdued and has more gold / yellow in it. I like Ravenna hands down. But you probably knew that.
iwanta914-6
Two totally different shades of green and I love them both.

Ravenna is super bright and eye catching and really makes black trim pop.

Delphi is much more subtle almost "pea soup" like. Combines great with the chrome accents.

If I had to choose between the two, it would be Ravenna for me, but I really do like Delphi as well!
raynekat
I'd describe Ravenna green as a bright yellow green.

Click to view attachment

Where Delphi green is a goldish green.

Click to view attachment

Both are great 914 colors....
somd914
Revenna green, but I'm biased. Definitely grabs attention (good and bad), and shouts "1970s". Now to finish the prep work and get her re-sprayed...

Click to view attachment

Jamie
QUOTE(somd914 @ Apr 11 2017, 04:27 PM) *

Revenna green, but I'm biased. Definitely grabs attention (good and bad), and shouts "1970s". Now to finish the prep work and get her re-sprayed...

Click to view attachment

I've certainly never had anyone comment that my Mistress' beautiful Delphi Green was "subdued!" w00t.gif
Larmo63
One vote for Ravenna.

icon8.gif
flat4guy
2 votes for Ravenna.
iamchappy
Ravenna, way cool color..love it.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Apr 11 2017, 08:48 PM) *

Ravenna, way cool color..love it.

agree.gif +1

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Jett
Both colors are amazing, but we love the paint flop on our Delphi.
burton73
Ravenna green when you have a great paint job looks super. The Internet does not do it justice. Much better in person. Delphi green metallic is the old 2-stage paint and when perfect looks great as well. Straight body on a 914 is gorgeous. Less than an 8 does not make it for me. It needs to be very clean. In my humble option.

Bob
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Jett @ Apr 11 2017, 09:20 PM) *

Love that color! drooley.gif
napasteve
I love both colors; both members of the crazy early 70s Rowan and Martins Laugh-in colors.
boxsterfan
My favorite of those two greens is Alaska Blue Metallic ( http://www.p914.com/p914_paint_L96B_73.htm )

markmesser
ok I'm sold on the Ravenna green, not just for this but for my new project 914. Where can I buy Ravenna green auto paint, original was one part I believe?
Mark
green914
I vote for ravenna agree.gif
seanery
QUOTE(Jett @ Apr 11 2017, 10:20 PM) *

Jett, that's a great color, and your car wears it well! I'm in line at PMB, still a few years away, but I'm going Delphi, as well. I haven't seen anyone do a flared Delphi car, so I had to do some photoshopping to see, and I think it'll be pretty awesome!Click to view attachment
BENBRO02
I like them both but think that a color change is almost always undesirable.
IronHillRestorations
There was a time when NOBODY wanted Delphi Green, but it's a cool color. Either color will look great on a 914 with all the black trim.
Jett
QUOTE(seanery @ Dec 22 2019, 05:45 PM) *

QUOTE(Jett @ Apr 11 2017, 10:20 PM) *

Jett, that's a great color, and your car wears it well! I'm in line at PMB, still a few years away, but I'm going Delphi, as well. I haven't seen anyone do a flared Delphi car, so I had to do some photoshopping to see, and I think it'll be pretty awesome!Click to view attachment

smile.gif looks good flared
sixnotfour
VW sage green
Literati914
Take a look at the Delphi in this article... one of my favorite 914 ever!

http://www.stanceworks.com/2018/10/like-gr...orsche-914-2-0/
SKL1
I'm colourblind- want my opinion???
eeyore
I lean toward Ravenna over Delphi. Though I might pick Mopar's Gecko Green over Ravenna.
jagalyn
Delphi Metallic Green is the very best.
Spoke
Ravenna Green beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.