Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: smells like fuel in the car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
morph
i get alittle time to work on my own car.so i tilt the tank up to replace the fuel line.fuel lines look fine, dry.gif
so i plug the lines pull it out and holy crap the tank itself is leaking.the fresh air box drain tubes are broken and the drain water from it is runing on the felt that the tanks sits on.so i got a nice looking tank with a pretty bad rusted patch thats 2x4 inch,crap.
my question is ,will jb weld work on the pin holes ?from reading what its made of it should work fine
or is there a special agent that people prefer or works better? to plug the pin holes
james
morph
after i glass beaded the area for repair.
local napa has got the repair kit for it but i would still ike to hear what others have used
james
morph
forgot the photo
boxstr
James, " Got a light??" biggrin.gif

CCLINWCCPDX
tracks914
Don't waste your time or money. Buy a new/used tank.
It will only give you grief down the road. I am sure you can find someone parting out a car some where.
Korijo
looks nasty! agree.gif get another one
xsboost90
mine had a small spot in the same area. Looks like it was soldiered at some point or brazed. I put some thick soft rubber under this area before i re-installed it to make sure it wont rub anymore.
McMark
Come on James!

You've got to have a better tank than that. JB Weld should work if ya do wanna fix it.
morph
yeah mark im bieng cheap,i have like eight tanks sitting next to the parts building but they mostlikely need to be boiled.(i checked)i am going to look for a place to boil some tanks for me this week.i need two done.im pretty sure the J B weld will hold till i replace it.
i just want it back on the road,and the inside of this tank is perfect unsure.gif except for the one bad spot. im off to cut new rubber pads for the tank to take the place of those felt rust sponges.
james
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.