Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What engine is this?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
yarin
The plugs on the heads are vertical.

I can't find it listed on any of the engine ID code sites. Anyone got an ideas?

Thanks
yarin
This is my other engine waiting to be installed:

http://coewww.rutgers.edu/~yarin/my914/Eng...s/IMG_0287.html

GA is '73 - 74 2.0. So I know what this one is. Correct? Does the code say anything else?
redshift
ohmy.gif

Yes, that one's code says your car was the rarest color, butterscotch almond, and came stock with the rare late year M471 package.

M
Bleyseng
69-70 411 auto trans engine with 68hp.
Does it have the small end double ended pushrod tubes ?? Those are weird...
yarin
Whoah on the 68hp figure. What's the displacement on that beast? Is it possible to build that engine up to a 1.8 or 2.0? Why would anyone do that?

I'll take a pic of the pushrod tubes later.

Both engines are carbed.

What does the M471 package come with?

Thanks
davep
Yep 70 411 1700 engine. Pretty early. 7.8:1 compression. Boat anchor.
M471? He is yanking your chain, nothing to do with this discussion.
Mueller
Why would anyone do that?

someone needed an engine just to have a runner??

it might not be stock, you really cannot tell just be stareing at the case............

it can be turned into a HP 1.7, a 1.8, a 2.0, heck, just about anything can be done with it.....

an okay platform to build a stockish type motor out of or you can hotrod/turbo it...... burnout.gif smash.gif
yarin
Hmm... i drove it a little a few days ago up my road with an open exhaust and its definitely not 68hp. It actually surprised me. Who knows. I'll give it a good test drive when I get everything sorted out and a damn muffler on the car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.