Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: should i get it?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
grasshopper
found this on craigslist, this is the description on the car:

Hi all,

I bought a different car and need to make room in my garage. This car was disassembled (not completely) by the PO. Doors, seats, and other items have been removed (I have them). The motor and transmission are still in the car. I have not done an inventory on the parts, but everything appears to be here except the windshield. All I have done is put it into my garage.

The PO stated with good character that the car ran when he started to restore it. He wanted to restore it because of the rust hole in the front suspension attachment. See below. The car was orginally yellow, but now blue. Here is the VIN: 4732927142

Rust? Oh, yeah! That's why I suggest parts car. But, it can be restored by adventerous types or make good practice for welding. See photos below for rust area where front suspension attaches to the body. There is more rust. I know there is rust in the firewall. I can't remember other areas, but I'm sure there's more. It's tough to get to right now.

ok, heres the email i just received from him, before, he wanted 600, now he only wants 200. :

It's only the 1.7. Pretty ordinary run of the mill 914. There's a lot of rust in the frame under the doors. I'm not sure about the tray and floors. I don't recall and it's covered right now. I don't have time to uncover. My sister is coming into town and we need to clean up some. But, I'm actually willing to get rid of it CHEAP, have $200 and a way to take it tomorrow? I want it gone and just want to save some face. It's probably more of a parts car than anything. Do you already have a 914 or two? I found the front turn lenses.
One of them has small cracks from the screws being too tight. The other has no cracks. I'm pretty sure the rear lenses are in one of the other boxes. But, no guarantees as to completeness. The PO started disassembly 7 years ago and told me everything was there. But, I know the windshield is not there. Let me know how serious you are.
Jason

sorry for the long post, but should i get it? i live 45 minutes from him. oh yeah, heres the pic he's talking about
Mueller
what do you want to do it??

depending on what parts it comes with and if you have a way to move it, it might be worth $200 for the parts.....I'd say the chassis is junk and it'll cost more money in Sawzall blades than it's worth.

Bleyseng
The parts are worth $200 if they are in good to excellent condition such as the interior, dash pad, door panels etc.

Sounds like its just a pile of parts to me....got storage?
grasshopper
i was going to get it for parts....ya, i have a trailer and storage, and a junkyard to drop the left-overs off at smash.gif
tracks914
I wish I could fine one of those within 4.5 hours let alone 45 minutes from me.
dakotaewing
You could easily get $25 for that front trunk floor- biggrin.gif

TE
SirAndy
QUOTE (grasshopper @ May 7 2005, 05:09 PM)
i was going to get it for parts....

what are you waiting for then ???

biggrin.gif Andy
markb
QUOTE (SirAndy @ May 7 2005, 10:48 PM)
QUOTE (grasshopper @ May 7 2005, 05:09 PM)
i was going to get it for parts....

what are you waiting for then ???

biggrin.gif Andy

agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.