Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Are these "normal" looking Bosch +4 plugs?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
yarin
???

Are the posts supposed to be this close to the center electrode insulation?

yarin
another, same plug.

Maybe they were intentionally bent for clearance problems?
mihai914
Don't bother with the plugs, throw them in the trash and get some regular spark plugs, Bosch or NGK. These cars don't really like the fine electrode plugs.

Mihai
Series9
QUOTE (mihai914 @ May 7 2005, 05:54 PM)
Don't bother with the plugs, throw them in the trash and get some regular spark plugs, Bosch or NGK. These cars don't really like the fine electrode plugs.

Mihai

agree.gif

Standard Bosch copper plugs are the way to go.
yarin
I've got some on order with the other ignition stuff from pelican. I'm trying to figure out why one cylinder isn't firing until the new stuff comes in.
Joe Ricard
Plug wire is not connected inside the phenolic plug adapter. or the solid core wire has begun arcing enough to burn the connection. Get rid of those plugs which look pretty rich by the way. and get some Magnecore wires. Best investment I ever made to the car beside them white dots.

Yellow cars with white dots ROCK!!!!! mueba.gif
yarin
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ May 7 2005, 05:00 PM)
Plug wire is not connected inside the phenolic plug adapter. or the solid core wire has begun arcing enough to burn the connection. Get rid of those plugs which look pretty rich by the way. and get some Magnecore wires. Best investment I ever made to the car beside them white dots.

Yellow cars with white dots ROCK!!!!! mueba.gif

Cheers to yellow cars with white dots! beer.gif beer.gif

I'm changing plugs, wires, cap, rotor, coil as soon as the parts come in.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.