Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I GOT ONE
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
messix
thank you to all who have helped me with advise and leads.......
but Dan is the man.

i am now the proud owner of a very decent 75 914 with 115k.
it has some problems that will keep me busy for a while but it runs great.
messix
back
messix
front
boxstr
Troy, Schweet, tell us all about it...
CCLINWCC2006
messix
dan has a couple more
messix
i will later have to take moma to mothers day dinner. and then stare at it some more.
thank you Craig i feel like i pulled off a deal like you get.

more to come......
Gint
Nice looking car. Grats. What wheels are those? Closer pics please. smile.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Gint @ May 7 2005, 08:51 PM)
Nice looking car. Grats. What wheels are those? Closer pics please. smile.gif

looklike empis with little rubber biggrin.gif
messix
wheels have empi center caps, sooo.....
but the spoles are rough cast with polished rim.

tires are 195/50 15s

dont have any more pics yet

and have some sorting to do .... no brake lights and rear park lamps come on and stay on when ing. is on. turns work good. and hazards work good.

need drivers headlight and fog light [both out]

has cool dual exhuast, but one muffler is rotted out.

two weeks and i'm money
messix
i have brake lights now[sticky switch], annoying horn lever fixed.

drive it to work tomorrow. yeehaa!
red914
dude!, it looks like a smoking car! when you can, post more pics! and next time we have a puget sound get together, we can see it in person! sweet!

and i didn't say anything about the rubber baby buggy bumpers...
messix
B.U.B are not my favorite either. but there in very good shape. i might try to find some chrome's and retrofit. [expensive?]

other priorities first.
Root_Werks
smilie_pokal.gif Congrats Troy! smilie_pokal.gif Yeah, that was a fun day!

Yeah, this 914 is really nice. Just little things to be sorted really. I pulled leaves and rubbed dirt away from around the hell hole area and just kept seeing and feeling nice smooth white paint! Yeah baby! Gotta love that! The interior is in really nice shape too. Carpet is new and really nice. I like the tan/black combo, it looks really nice. I felt only a couple of rust flakes along the bottom of the doors around the weatherstripping channel. This is an almost/almost rust free car. Both trunks are sweet as well.
Root_Werks
Check out the console. factory installed with correct heater lever, gauges are in really nice shape too.

Good job getting the brake lights to work Troy, glad that was an easy fix. We beat the seller up pretty good, but he was no fool. He knows what 914's are going for. Never the less, I think Troy scored on this one. boldblue.gif
Root_Werks
This shot doesn't do the engine bay justice. Everything is in proper 1.8 L-Jet order with a red-top Optima. If I remember correctly, even the tray gutter tubes were all intact. Very nice - unmolested car.
Root_Werks
Another victom happy11.gif he is ours now fellow clubbers screwy.gif happy11.gif laugh.gif In all seriousness, if Troy hadn't bought the car, I might have.

I like the non-polished Empi's on there. Very nice looking for sure. It sits VERY low, Troy had mentioned maybe even raising it an inch. Might not be a bad idea. idea.gif
Root_Werks
Oops rolleyes.gif
Root_Werks
In that last picture, you can see the dual exhaust, I don't know who did it, but I really like it. True headers from the heater boxes into two small turbo looking mufflers. Someone cut and curled back the right side opening to look just like the left side. Very nice, very clean and sounds great even with a blown muffler. Cheap, easy fix.

Here is a shot of the drive home. Sorry, the picture got screwed up? wacko.gif
messix
thanks Dan for the pictures.

a digi cam is on the list to buy this week.

drove it to work today, what a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!

then went over to a buddies to work an a couple of things in his cleaned out garage [ mine now needs to be rearanged, one jeep one honda 954, kid toys and some junk] .

found the porsche crest on the hood missing with some rtv left behind, some minor surface rust also delt with.

replaced both headlights [one burned out] found alot of leaves and needles and some rust in drivers side headlight bucket. not rusted thru though.

need to get driving light bulb. and a tail light bulb.

and not sure if the heater blower is working.

wipers seem to have only one speed. doesnt matter what position the lever is in.

have i said i love this car already?
Root_Werks
It's a sweet 914 Troy. You are a good owner for it too. More time at that guys house would have seen it continue to degrade slowly. You saved it! smilie_pokal.gif
balljoint
QUOTE (messix @ May 7 2005, 09:54 PM)
and then stare at it some more.

I know and love that feeling.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.