Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bolting on KEP stuff
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bondo
I'm bolting on a KEP 228mm flywheel onto my LT1. They told me the bolts were different than the ones that held the GM flywheel on. The sold me the bolts, but it didn't come with any torque values. Anyone know them offhand? Educated guesses?

I expect the pressure plate torque specs would be the same, or really close. Just not sure about the flywheel.
Mueller
no instructions or tip sheet??

mine came with them for the VR6 stuff....hmmmm, I wouldn't "guess" on something like that
bondo
QUOTE (Mueller @ May 7 2005, 06:48 PM)
no instructions or tip sheet??

mine came with them for the VR6 stuff....hmmmm, I wouldn't "guess" on something like that

No instructions, just a KEP sticker and an itemized list of how much my wallet gets torqued. smile.gif
neo914-6
KEP told me 25 ft lbs and NO sequence...

Received wrong KEP clutch kit, returned parts, ordered Renegade. They sent KEP... laugh.gif (cept the disc and machined parts)

No instructions on either "kits" but Renegade has login access to all their instructions...
bondo
QUOTE (Neo914 @ May 7 2005, 07:01 PM)
I was told 25 ft lbs...

Received wrong KEP clutch kit, returned parts, ordered Renegade. They sent KEP... laugh.gif

No instructions on either "kits" but Renegade has login access to all their instructions...

Cool, thanks. I'll go with that, and call KEP monday. Worst case is I have to pull the PP off and re-torque.
bondo
Man, that seems low. I didn't even have to stop the engine from turning over. Maybe my torque wrench is out of calibration.

(it's nice to have a computer in the garage) smile.gif
BIGKAT_83
60 FT LB on the flywheel to cranK bolts and the pressure plate to flywheel is 25 Ft LB

Bob
bondo
That's more like it! (I just looked up the spec for the firebird, it was 74 ft-lbs.. 60 is more in the range I was expecting)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.