Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reverse lights... tranny question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
yarin
There is a 1/2 demolished connector on the tranny going nowhere. I need backup lights on this car.

Does this 2 pin connector run to the 4 pin connector on the relay board in the engine compartment? If not where does it go? I've got one empty connection on the relay board. Its the T one on the rear left corner of the car.

Does anyone have what I need? Thanks
SirAndy
QUOTE (yarin @ May 7 2005, 06:11 PM)
Does anyone have what I need? Thanks

i suppose your car has carbs? the connector you describe is for the FI brain connection ...

the 2 wires from the tranny go into the harness and then through the large connector on the back of the relay board.

usually, there's nothing wrong with the circuit or wires, it's usually the connector in the tranny that brakes.
they're fairly cheap and easy to replace ...

wink.gif Andy
yarin
Yes i have carbs.

Sounds good to me. I'll try to find the wires coming out of the connector. Thanks
SirAndy
QUOTE (yarin @ May 7 2005, 06:33 PM)
Sounds good to me. I'll try to find the wires coming out of the connector. Thanks

to test the circuit, simply take the 2 wire ends that go into the backup switch and connect the two. your backup lights should come on.

you might have to turn on the key, i'm not sure about that tho,
easy test before you dig into it too deep ...
wink.gif Andy
McMark
Yes you have to turn on the key.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.