Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trophies, I started a new thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
rick 918-S
I moved this out of the welcome thread to keep the idea's in a separate area. I'm not into off the shelf trophies. So If someone has an unusual idea post it here.

I'm not from PW But I'm here to help with the Trophies for the "06" I handled them for "04" I posted a list from "04" If you want anything added let me know.

Ok, Here's the classes we had in "04"

- Best original /4 Size for this group of trophies
- Best original /6
- Best V8 conversion
- Best other conversion
-Best paint
-Best Interior

-Best Custom (more than 4 mods any non factory style body kits, mods to include interior mods)
-People's Choice Overall Best of WCC Any car in any class one can win this.

Overall Best of WCC. Will be the center piece with a taller base. This will be the premier trophy of the event.

The above are peoples choice. total 8 peoples choice awards. That shouldn't be too hard.

On the Long Distance awards ..... These will be plaques Size TBA

Long distance Overseas.
Long distance 914 (on a trailer)
Long distance driving a 914.

These will be presented by the planning committee.

These awards are nice recognition.

-EDIT: The above will be tallied and presented by the planning group. We will know location by pre-entry.

The "04" event had a tech quiz. We may want a 914 guru to handle this.

We had an Acrylic wall plaque's made for this catagory

4 for the planners to present. this should be do-able.

We may also want to do trophies for different classes in the Auto-X

If we end up having an AX This is what we did,

AX classes:

Stock: 1,2,3 First place sizes were 8" X 4" 2nd and third were 6" X 4" These were Sponsored By Raby's Aircooled Technology in "04"

Improved 1,2,3
Race 1,2,3
Most improved time (Plaque) Size TBA
Cone King (Plaque)

Someone with AX experience can chime in if other classes are needed,

9 trophies and 2 plaques for the AX planers to present. This should be ok.

Best Candid Photo of the event.

People can post their photos like after "04" and we could poll from a select set of pics for the popular choice winner. Then send the award by mail after the event. I'll make the photo trophy and we can have a contest on the BBS after the event. This will help promote interest in this event and next years event. This is a future promo to get peoples gears turning and thinking of this event and the next event at the same time. Good marketing.

Club will decide this one. it should be done as a plaque.

The total of 17 Trophies and 7 Plaques. But the actual peoples choice is only 8.

We will also need Sponor awards T.B.A. I'm purposing plaques for sponors.
boxstr
Rick, Thanks for seperating this out. It woudl probably get lost in the welcome section. We may be a few months off from making the decsion on trophies, but it looks like a really good idea.
Currently we are still trying to pin down the hotel and then once we have that done, we can take each new project as it comes. Rick this will be looked at later. Thank you again.
Craig
McMark
I've always been a fan of "gold plated" rear brakes proportioning valves mounted on wood with an engraving on it. wink.gif
Jeroen
for those that missed them in 2004... Rick's trophies were AWESOME!!!
rick 918-S
I had an idea for the First Place trophies. I thought maybe I could do the 914 "swish" in colored casting resin, then do a clear block (2 stage casting) and have it engraved (lazered) like the "04" ones.

I have a couple other idea's too.... wink.gif

If anyone is interested..
rick 918-S
Ok, I received mail from JP and Kev about trophies. In my return mail I stated it may make more sense to have them done locally.

I've since recanted on that thought and have taken over this part of the event. I enjoyed doing them for the "04" event and I want to do them again. I'm not sure what they will look like, but they will be unique.

I sent Jeroen mail and he is backing me up with the graphics and the eps file we will need for the trophy shop.

Here's what I need from everyone in the planning team.

Review the classes listed and let me know if you think they will fit the events we are having over the three days.

Are we have a show and shine?

Are we having an AX?

I will need a sponsors list ASAP. I suggest we show our appreciation and have plaques made for them.

I will need you to set aside about $ 600.00 in the budget for trophies and plaques.

Everyone please post your thoughts here by monday january 23rd.

Rick
VegasRacer
Rick did an awesome job on the trophys for the 1st WCC. smilie_pokal.gif
I say Hell Yeah if he wants to do them again.

Dunno about classes. Craig will have to tell you exactly what is planned.
More is better. I want to improve my chance of winning something.

On thing we did at the RRC was to 'adjust' the results so that no person won more than one award. We thought it would be nice for as many people as possible to take home some hardware.
J P Stein
Sorry about my negative reaction to being a trophy person. It's really not my area of expertise and I'm pressed for running around time.

To make up for it, I'll take care of organizing some kinda AX competition for those wishing to compete...or just play.
3 classes with a trophy for the top 2 or 3 spots each would be good. If this is good with the powers that be, I'll get going on it as soon as it is OKed.
rick 918-S
QUOTE (J P Stein @ Jan 19 2006, 03:50 PM)
Sorry about my negative reaction to being a trophy person. It's really not my area of expertise and I'm pressed for running around time.

To make up for it, I'll take care of organizing some kinda AX competition for those wishing to compete...or just play.
3 classes with a trophy for the top 2 or 3 spots each would be good. If this is good with the powers that be, I'll get going on it as soon as it is OKed.

Did n't know you had one. confused24.gif I've got the trophies covered. Jeroen agreed to handle the eps for me again. (thanks buddy!)

Good! I'm glad were having an AX. Make it challenging So I can embarass myself again.. unsure.gif

Are the classes I have listed above good? Post what classes you would like to see trophies in.

Thanks! driving.gif
J P Stein
I was thinkin':
Under 2.0L...to 1949 ccs
2.0L to 2.4L to 2341ccs
2.5 & up
Everything else is free.

I figure there are very few totaly stock cars. Trying to figure what mods to which class becomes nearly impossible.
Prolly the least populated class would be the 2.5L & up jobbie.....but I could be wrong. It won't make everybody happy, but nothing will:D
rick 918-S
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Jan 19 2006, 11:40 AM)
Rick did an awesome job on the trophys for the 1st WCC. smilie_pokal.gif
I say Hell Yeah if he wants to do them again.

Dunno about classes. Craig will have to tell you exactly what is planned.
More is better. I want to improve my chance of winning something.

On thing we did at the RRC was to 'adjust' the results so that no person won more than one award. We thought it would be nice for as many people as possible to take home some hardware.

I'm nobody without Jeroen's art work. He's the brains, I'm the braun. Together, were Hans and Frans! We'll pump you up!
Jeroen
I'm a bit swamped... (what's new) but I'll get onto it a.s.a.p.
J P Stein
Look at the proposed AX classes in the AX thread.
Comments are welcome.
rick 918-S
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Mar 6 2006, 06:01 PM)
I'm a bit swamped... (what's new) but I'll get onto it a.s.a.p.

I'm just checking in.
VegasRacer
Here is a proposal for everyone to pick apart. alfred.gif

Car Show Classes
Best 4 cyl. - 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Best 6 cyl. - 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Best Conversion (V8, Suby, Buick, 928, other) - 1st, 2nd, 3rd
*(I dunno if 6 cyl. Porsche engine swaps should be in the 6 class or the conversion. I say put them in the class with the fewest other cars to keep things even)
Peoples Choice

Auto-Cross Classes
Stock - 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Improved / Modified - 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Race Prepared - 1st, 2nd, 3rd
*(these were the same classes we used at Candlestick. It was self classification without any strict rule book, but it seemed to work well)

Other
Long Distance - Driving a 914
Long Distance - towing / flying / driving other
Brass Balls
Best Photo

That makes 10 Car Show classes, 9 for the Auto-X plus 4 Others. Total = 23
That sounds like a lot, but I don't know which ones to cut.
It would be easier to add more than to eliminate any.
The 2nd & 3rd place awards need not be anything fancy.
Make it easy on yourself Rick. Any way you cut it there is a lot of work.
rick 918-S
Thanks John. Looks good to me. I agree, it's easier to add classes than eliminate any. I think this is a big part of the event feel. It's nice to get reccognition from your peers.

The Photo contest is a MUST DO! WE had some great submissions from the last two events. We need to make an anouncement about that event soon.
rick 918-S
Jeroen, Is your PM working? I don't want to post in the General forum, But I could use an eps file if your still up for it. 46 days left. If your burned out or too busy just let me know. I'll figure something else out. Thanks, Your the best!
Jeroen
Hey Rick,

Yeah, my PM is working... I just haven't been able to get to it
I know I keep promissing, but for some reason or another I just can't seem to get to it
I'll wrap it up when I get home tonight and send you the .eps files
rick 918-S
Thank you sir. bye1.gif
VegasRacer
Anything I can help with Rick? popcorn[1].gif
Jeroen
I've been staring and messin' with this thing for hours over and over (not just tonight) and I can't come up with anything better than the ones we had for 2004 (which were just plain awesome!)

The logo design wasn't the problem (this stayed pretty much the same), but I wanted to make the shape of the trophies a little different/less ordinary
I tried all different shapes and what not, but no matter what I tried it ended up looking goofy or over-the-top

The "regular" rectangular trophies we had just work best...

So I just changed the '04 to '06
Click to view attachment

Rick, you can download this logo in .eps format here:
http://www.berlothdesign.nl/misc/wcc2006trophy.eps
(right click and "save as...")

If anyone has any ideas they'd like to see incorporated into the design let me know...

Rick, if you need anything else, don't hesitate either

Sorry for stalling without any results (I coulda coughed up this file weeks ago) but I really wanted to try and come up with something new...
Jeroen
Rick, I just checked the 2004 trophies
they were 4x8 inches

Click to view attachment

I know you did some others (smaller and bigger ones and plaques) but I don't have any data on those

Basically, the logo was centered on it and the text added on the top and bottom halves (see pic above)

If you like, I can make a seperate .eps file for each trophy
But then I need to know which classes/events we need trophies for, how many etc

Are there appointed sponsors for parts of the WCC?
i.e. a sponsor for the AX, etc? like we had in 2004?

It would be nice to put their names (and maybe logo's) on the trophies as well

Let me know what's needed and I'll whip out the .eps files
rick 918-S
Thanks Jeroen,

No need to make different sizes. The trophy shop can do it as they need to. I'll get started on this next week.

Nice design, If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Rick

QUOTE(Jeroen @ May 23 2006, 04:33 PM) *

Rick, I just checked the 2004 trophies
they were 4x8 inches

Click to view attachment

I know you did some others (smaller and bigger ones and plaques) but I don't have any data on those

Basically, the logo was centered on it and the text added on the top and bottom halves (see pic above)

If you like, I can make a seperate .eps file for each trophy
But then I need to know which classes/events we need trophies for, how many etc

Are there appointed sponsors for parts of the WCC?
i.e. a sponsor for the AX, etc? like we had in 2004?

It would be nice to put their names (and maybe logo's) on the trophies as well

Let me know what's needed and I'll whip out the .eps files

rick 918-S
For all the planners,

I will have the trophy shop that did these in "04", do them this year. Is there a budget for this? Do we have a sponsor for the trophies? Do I need to solicite a sponsor?

Rick
VegasRacer
I'm sure there is not a sponsor lined up. I also doubt there is a budget. Even so - any excess funds are going to charity. If you can find a sponsor to help with the awards, that would be wunderbar. idea.gif If they pay for the awards - we could add their logo.
Jeroen
well then...
let's decide on the classes and number of trophies and whoop out some sponsors!
rick 918-S
The sizes and classes will be simler to what John posted. I will take the eps. and my list of trophies to my guy next week for an quote. Then we will be able to approch a potencial sponsor.

Sound like a plan? aktion035.gif
Jeroen
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ May 26 2006, 12:18 AM) *

Sound like a plan? aktion035.gif

"I love it when a plan comes together"
:sigar-smoking-smiley:
VegasRacer
popcorn[1].gif beer3.gif
VegasRacer
smilie_pokal.gif
rick 918-S
copy of the email to the trophy shop.

Hi Scott,

Here is a list of the sizes and classes. I attached an eps. file for the art work. I also attached a sample of the trophy you did for us in "04".

Can you please respond to this email with a quote before starting any work. I have to get a sponsor to pay for the trophies, but I need to approch them with a budget.

PS. the sponsor listed on the sample trophy will not be the one we will use this year. That is to be added when the appoval is secured.

Thanks,

Rick Ollah

© 260.9215

Here's the classes and sizes.

Car Show Classes

( SIZE 4" wide 8" high notched corners to make a small tab to insert into the wood blocks we will supply later.)

Best 4 cyl. - 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Best 6 cyl. - 1st, 2nd, 3rd (all 6 air cooled 6's)
Best Conversion (V8, Suby, Buick, 928, other) - 1st, 2nd, 3rd

Auto-Cross Classes

( SIZE 4" wide 8" high, These will be wall plaques. They will need a small hole or pocket for a nail. )

Stock - 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Improved / Modified - 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Race Prepared - 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Brass Balls

( SIZE 4" wide 8" high notched corners to make a small tab to insert into the wood blocks we will supply later.)

Long Distance - Driving a 914
Long Distance - towing / flying / driving other
Best Photo
Jeroen
popcorn[1].gif
rhodyguy
i think craig figured out a fix for the throphy snafu rick. no worries.

k
rick 918-S
Cool, I still have no word from the trophy guy. I've been calling, and no pricing yet.

I spoke with Craig on the phone. Sounds like he has it sewn up.

I'm out. bye1.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.