Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS-Boxster caliper upgrade, front and rears
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Joe Bob
Front and rear Boxster non S brake calipers, one set of new Bosch pads, one pair 1/2 used. New in box Rebel Racing sourced brake lines, new in box adapters and fasteners. Cleaned and ready to install. $1200 plus shipping.

VHT coated in red. Good seals and worry free piston action.

These will replace/fit stock calipers 3.5 inch spacing on SC and Carreras.

If you need pics, PM me email address.
N_Jay
QUOTE(Joe Bob @ Apr 15 2017, 08:37 AM) *

Front and rear Boxster non S brake calipers, one set of new Bosch pads, one pair 1/2 used. New in box Rebel Racing sourced brake lines, new in box adapters and fasteners. Cleaned and ready to install. $1200 plus shipping.

VHT coated in red. Good seals and worry free piston action.

These will replace/fit stock calipers 3.5 inch spacing on SC and Carreras.

If you need pics, PM me email address.

Do rear Boxster brakes provide a barking brake?
What rotors do they work with? Vented or plain?
Joe Bob
No, if you need an e brake you will have to convert to the 911 style brake shoe inside the rotor. You can use the SC rotor but need to keep an eye on piston extension. The 24mm Carrera rotor is optimal. Both are vented.....

Boxster calipers are four piston and with a significantly larger pad and stopping power. While you CAN get a stock 914 brake to lock up, Boxster calipers resist fade more and last longer on a lighter 914.

Back in the day when BMW 3201 calipers were the rage, I just parked in gear and turned my tire into the curb if on a hill.
Joe Bob
Adapters, fluid lines and calipers, NIB. Impulse purchase....I realized I haven't done an AX or DE in years.

1/2 the price that vendors are asking for their kits. piratenanner.gif
Joe Bob
Oi, still available. Get longer lasting brakes without fade on the track or doing the twisties being chased by your buddies. GREAT DEALIO!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.